Re: Waney, (Hypothetically speaking of course)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think wane could actually be a hit in the NRL , his style of play is focused around defense and thats what the aussies love
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nope. Wane is like West. Once he leaves here there is nowhere for him to go. Not directly at least. He is seen as invested in Wigan emotionally as much as anything. How could he get as fired up coaching a different team as he does Wigan is the obvious question any club would ask.

If he finished up as England coach for a while and proved he could work away from Wigan that might help him get a job down-under but just like West, Wane has been associated with Wigan for so long it may well count against him.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:Nope. Wane is like West. Once he leaves here there is nowhere for him to go. Not directly at least. He is seen as invested in Wigan emotionally as much as anything. How could he get as fired up coaching a different team as he does Wigan is the obvious question any club would ask.

If he finished up as England coach for a while and proved he could work away from Wigan that might help him get a job down-under but just like West, Wane has been associated with Wigan for so long it may well count against him.
I think he will be the next England coach. And it will be part time as well. I can not see him going to the NRL. But you never know.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

I still laugh at the posts last season calling him to be sacked yet he won gf and wcc since. Hes our most successful coach since monie.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

eccywarrior wrote:I still laugh at the posts last season calling him to be sacked yet he won gf and wcc since. Hes our most successful coach since monie.
Whatever happened to 'Waneball'?
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:I still laugh at the posts last season calling him to be sacked yet he won gf and wcc since. Hes our most successful coach since monie.
Waneball became exotic and now wins world club championship games,it hasn't gone away just got better with age
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

A certain fan must be livid about Wanes current success, goes to show 3 years isn't long enough
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
markill

Post by markill »

It would be nice to have a Wane topic/discussion without the tittle-tattle that this site got dragged into.

Whether any game plan Wane's team play is a reflection of him himself I'm unconvinced of. His attitude and emotional traits are what I feel his teams echo of himself more and I'm not sure how well he could translate that to players in Australia or even other clubs. England would be somewhere I feel he could carry it through for certain.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think he's pretty happy in his current role. As to whether or not he'd make it as a NRL coach, think the answer is yes.
I find it strange though, that his qualities as a coach are still being questioned but heyho, that's life.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
Iestyn Harris left?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐