Widnes match off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cow yeds

Re: Widnes match off

Post by cow yeds »

Widnes will be happy they have about seven players out injured plus one on suspension.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

cherry.pie wrote:
Rochdale Warrior wrote:Hull's pitch looks very good , bottom line is DW Stadium don't spend enough money on pitch maintenance during the winter months
I'm pretty sure the issue is the terrible location of the ground. I read somewhere that the drainage is awful which is why we get these problems every year when there's bad weather.
Isn't the ground built on boggy marsh land, i'm sure i read that somewhere on rlfans
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
doc

Post by doc »

I can see the RFL docking us points for this as the pitch is obviously playable unless the Latics match gets called off as well. Water logged pitches haven't lead to any other RL matches being cancelled that I can think of, ever!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

adiddy wrote: I for one don't want a couple of tickets to the next game I want cash back.
Same here. I bought 6 guest tickets this morning for family who are over from Ireland on a long weekend!
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

cherry.pie wrote:The club shouldn't even be allowed to do this. The pitch is obviously playable if Latics are going to play on it less than 24 hours later. No club should be rearranging a fixture at such short notice citing pitch concerns when the pitch obviously isn't unfit to play on.
Exactly. It's embarrassing. That Ian L quote was embarrassing. Super League Champions and World Champions and we are subservient to a team 22nd in the Championship. Ha.
Even Leigh have got their own ground.

It's very sad.
ian b

Post by ian b »

surely it would be fairer if it was taken in turns to re arrange fixtures if needed
doc

Post by doc »

I await IL's grovelling apology to the fans on WiganTV with interest!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I thought the pitch looked crap for the WCC.

Very muddy in goal area which surprised me. I thought major work last season was finally supposed to have fixed it.

I can understand the anger about us making way for Latics but they will owe us a favour now which I expect IL to call in at some point.

For me personally it's good news. I am currently in Rome so would have missed it but I know we have fans who travel a long way to watch Wigan and book time off and travel to do so. Such a short notice is pretty poor for them.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

So Latics need to play at the DW this weekend more than we do because it's an important stage of the season ........just like when we had to go to Widnes to play our playoff game against Bradford, that wasn't at all important was it??? Really sore about this!!!! Latics show us no respect at all yet Lenaghen drops his trousers at a moments notice for them!!! Too many supporters lose money and holidays because of this!!!

Angry Matt
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Just lost hundreds of pounds . 5 from Scotland and one from Belfast have just been shafted by the chairman of the FOOTBALL LEAGUE siding with his football pals . Disgusted

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked