Widnes match off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Widnes match off

Post by markill »

5miler wrote:A few years ago when Latics were in Premier League we couldn't play a home game 24 hours before they played. Was that football rules or sky rules then? Now they're flying down the leagues it's not a problem unless it rains.
We used to be told it was premier league rules, but somehow those same rules either don't apply to Hull or they don't have so terrible a pitch/facility that the rule needs enforcing.

The RFL are just as culpable as Wigan in this. Everyone knows the situation. A championship league season ruins poorly installed/drained pitches because of how many games they carry on during winter months. Throw in two games of RL and this weeks weather conditions leading up to the second of those games and there will obviously be pitch issues for football. We should never have been scheduled at home on a Friday in February with the football club playing the day after. Could and should have been resolved at fixture announcement stage.

There must be something in our contract that football club get final say over pitch use. If that's the case, there will be exceptional circumstances that apply you'd think, so doubt we'd be punished beyond the obligation the club has to reimburse/compensate fans materially inconvenienced by this postponement. It makes us look bad though, football club taking their chance to knock us back down after becoming world champs.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wandering Warrior wrote:The only plus side is the lads will have more recovery time after Sunday, but I doubt they'll agree given the timing of the postponement.
Yes, being positive I too saw it as a chance for the team to sober up after last Sunday!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

The actdafttics fans are having a field day on twitter with this.One of my "hmm" Mates !! Who's a latics fan has been having a pop about us being gypos in there Stadium,so I replied with this.
Chippy Mon scrykin to the World champions . "My Grandad will stop my inheritance if I get us relegated AGAIN!!! Please help me Mr Lenigan I've no one else to turn to.Especially as your players are still hung over from Sunday . :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cow yeds wrote:Widnes will be happy they have about seven players out injured plus one on suspension.
Irrelevant, we will beat them anyway!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

sheepdip wrote:Makes you wonder how the hell Leneghan was able to become a successful businessman.
I know, I mean we have had no success under his tenure......oh wait!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

markill wrote:
5miler wrote:A few years ago when Latics were in Premier League we couldn't play a home game 24 hours before they played. Was that football rules or sky rules then? Now they're flying down the leagues it's not a problem unless it rains.
We used to be told it was premier league rules, but somehow those same rules either don't apply to Hull or they don't have so terrible a pitch/facility that the rule needs enforcing.

The RFL are just as culpable as Wigan in this. Everyone knows the situation. A championship league season ruins poorly installed/drained pitches because of how many games they carry on during winter months. Throw in two games of RL and this weeks weather conditions leading up to the second of those games and there will obviously be pitch issues for football. We should never have been scheduled at home on a Friday in February with the football club playing the day after. Could and should have been resolved at fixture announcement stage.

There must be something in our contract that football club get final say over pitch use. If that's the case, there will be exceptional circumstances that apply you'd think, so doubt we'd be punished beyond the obligation the club has to reimburse/compensate fans materially inconvenienced by this postponement. It makes us look bad though, football club taking their chance to knock us back down after becoming world champs.
Very well put!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I agree about the fixtures,quite why it's so impossible for the RFL can't put Wigan away when Latics are at home is beyond me
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
sheepdip wrote:Makes you wonder how the hell Leneghan was able to become a successful businessman.
TBW please do not patronise people. I got a telling off for it.

Amazing we win 3 GF 2 CC 1 WCC we get 1 game a season moved and its get rid of IL or how did he become a success. You could not make this up.

Its not good what has be done re the Widnes game but before IL came on the scene we were trophless for a few years. And not a GF win in a decade almost.
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
I put our success down to Wane, coaching staff and players. Under Leneghan crowds and season ticket sales are down, fans are alienated as he allows himself to pooh poohed on by the football club.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

A couple of weeks ago short arms was the best thing since sliced bread, now he's the devil reincarnate!
Oh how the weather changes so quickly!! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield