Widnes match off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: Widnes match off

Post by adiddy »

Whatever the reasons are, in the public and media eye we have gone from Champs to Looking like chumps.

Now Lenaghen should be insisting that essential works to the DW stadium to improve the drainage should be completed and paid for by the landlords of the DW. I would be more than happy to have a period away from the DW if it meant these farcical predicaments wouldn't happen again!!!

I'm fed up that every season we start the season playing on a crap pitch, then half way through the season have to play away for two months, leave the pitch in immaculate condition in October only for it all to be repeated again and again!!!

They know what the problem is........fix the effing thing!!!

Matt
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To those suggesting our own ground (and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular) how would we even think about funding such a venture?

there is no-where near enough capital funding in our game to outlay what would be an immense cost, and I'm assuming a lot from revenue would go majorly to paying the rent on DW.

We haven't got anything to sell like saints did and we haven't got a nearby rugby team to share with like Salford have.

Dave Wheelan is a football man, football will always trump rugby for him and unfortunately its his house and we just rent a room.

I can't see problems like this being resolved anytime soon

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Just heard on the radio that the RFL are investigating the postponement of the game, which kind of suggests that they and Widnes weren't consulted. So those wishing for a 2 point forfeit, may well get their wish.

Personally I feel all involved in the stadium should hang there heads in shame, how can a jointly funded and part council funded stadium be given to one party at he whim of one person?

Other than that we should be playing tonight, its a fabulous sunny day and and the pitch should dry out quickly today, the forecast all week has been the storm would subside late afternoon giving way to clear skies, this whole event has made us look like a laughing stock, we already have 5 weeks a year away from home to allow the pitch, which by June is in fantastic condition, to be relaid. Sorry Mr Leneghan enough is enough, start fighting for your club, and your fans, attendances are down, interest in the game is down. Swap castle is a big ground with only your 9000 season ticket holder in it.

We put up with playing testimonials at Leigh, U19 grand finals at saints, moving our critical playoff games to Leigh, all to protect the pitch for the latics, its a totally one way relationship with the chippy owner.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wormburner wrote:Hope they get relegated, we are the bigger more famous club, Lenegan needs to stop kowtowing to the football lot, grow a pair Lenegan or get us a new stadium with a decent pitch :angry:
respect wormburner, that is the best quote ive read on here ever( here here)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote:Why can't we reverse the fixture?

Play at Widnes ground tomorrow & play at the DW on 2nd July?
because that would be too easy josie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Just been on the phone to the ticket office to get my refund and been told to "Keep your eye on the website. Keep it on all the time".
Does that mean another venue is being looked at??????? To avoid investigations and fines and 2 points docked etc.???
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cow yeds wrote:Widnes will be happy they have about seven players out injured plus one on suspension.
Irrelevant, we will beat them anyway!
We were confident last seasom too..........
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Game on at Widnes tonight
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

this is a total PR disaster, it makes the club look like a bunch of amateurs!

Game on at Widnes tonight, according to Bilko, and its a Widnes home fixture! what that means for those who've bought tickets for Wigan I have no idea.

This now appears a little out, but I suspect there will be an RFL investigation for a breach of operational rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... gue-switch
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

WALOBs