Re: On off on off on again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Made up they won . Glad they made IFL sweat. Well done boys.

Had the locals un North Berwick pub confused. Watching Wire on tv but shouting at phone listening to Wigan

Regasds EW
2002 and EW is hooked
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

A great effort to win under the circumstances. This team has got a lot going for it. Well done lads.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The players and Wane never expected to be playing tonight. So to get up for it in the end is great.

No so great from IL. Widnes have players injured and lost Brown so are expected bottom dwellers this season but all the faffing about turned the game into a contest it ought not to have been IMO. Not being arrogant re Widnes, I just think they are odds on for a poor season.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

After all the shenanigans of the last 24 hours, buying guest tickets, being blown away by Doris, match called off, fixtures reversed, having to go back to the stadium for a refund, I would like to say that I am officially no longer pissed off!

Well done boys!
endoman

Post by endoman »

Great result, points in the bank, and time for a rebuild now. Bet they are glad they played now!!
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

I was at the game.....I'll probably get grief for saying this BUT Id like to thank Widnes for helping our club out of a serious situation. I know their pitch is hired out for public use when the vikings aren't playing on it...I also know how the club where running around today trying to sort out steward numbers to let the game be played it would've suited a lot of clubs to let us fall flat on our faces and have a laugh at us BUT the vikings did a good thing for the CAMPIONIES SO CHEERS WIDNES
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Again, thanks to Widnes for helping us out.

As for the match, Widnes were the better team for the first 60 mins.
First 20 of the 2nd half we didn't complete a set.
After that it was like watching a different team. Four tries in the last 20 and one disallowed for a forward pass. The team seem to have all its confidence back. Also coincided with Lockers coming back on from the bench.
Looking at the other results shows what a good win it was.

Great turnout from us fans which the players showed their appreciation of before and after the game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

billyc38 wrote:I was at the game.....I'll probably get grief for saying this BUT Id like to thank Widnes for helping our club out of a serious situation. I know their pitch is hired out for public use when the vikings aren't playing on it...I also know how the club where running around today trying to sort out steward numbers to let the game be played it would've suited a lot of clubs to let us fall flat on our faces and have a laugh at us BUT the vikings did a good thing for the CAMPIONIES SO CHEERS WIDNES
Yes, great effort from Widnes to get everything sorted with an eight hour timescale. Stewards were being rung up from 12 noon.

We win when we want, we play where want, this team is the greatest, we win when we want ????????????⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote:
billyc38 wrote:I was at the game.....I'll probably get grief for saying this BUT Id like to thank Widnes for helping our club out of a serious situation. I know their pitch is hired out for public use when the vikings aren't playing on it...I also know how the club where running around today trying to sort out steward numbers to let the game be played it would've suited a lot of clubs to let us fall flat on our faces and have a laugh at us BUT the vikings did a good thing for the CAMPIONIES SO CHEERS WIDNES
Yes, great effort from Widnes to get everything sorted with an eight hour timescale. Stewards were being rung up from 12 noon.

We win when we want, we play where want, this team is the greatest, we win when we want ????????????⚪️
When we were down 26-12 I did not think we would win but the lads dug in and won well done.The I pitch works in Widnes's favour and the ref was on their side they should have played the "The Great Escape "at the end for us.
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

thanks Jaws1 I'm now playing back last night's thriller in my head but it's now overdubbed with the great escape tune and images of all our players walking round the I pitch casually dropping handfuls of gravel (or in the Vikings case artificial grass)out the bottom of their shorts... :o