Re: On off on off on again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 6-28-wigan

Some good scores amongst the mistakes and penalties.

Budgie coming back is invaluable.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Escare is awesome :cool:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

First hats off to everyone at Widnes,showed true class when Wigans suits didn't have any,I think they're on for a struggle though to be honest this season,don't look anywhere near as good as last season.

As for Wigan,well words fail me,they never got out of second gear and frighteningly they didn't need to either,very sloppy at times and in the months to come as they face perhaps better teams they will struggle,but considering they all expected to have their feet up and be having a Horlicks it was a super perform
BriH

Post by BriH »

I have to thank Joe Mills of Wish fm! He was in Malta, cancelled his flight back home, then booked a later one because the game was ON! Rushed to Widnes, took over the commentary when they were looking down-and-out but he kept saying "they will win" and they did!
Great win given everything that was going on. What's with this "Breach of Operating Rules"?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Joe Mills called it exactly right as Widnes played at their peak for 60 minutes and then had nothing left. Just watched the game and our defence looked a bit half-asleep but the key to the win was SOL coming back on. He basically ran the game and what a left-side we have now.
I hope Bennett wasn't watching because you could take Budgie, Ollie, Liam, George and SOL and play them straight as an England team. Let's hope he plays his favourites and leaves them with us for the season.

That was a game we probably would have lost last season, so it's more positive than negative despite the barrow squeak home.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The game changed considerably when Lockers came back on the pitch.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

It's interesting that the last team to beat us (friendlies excluded) was Widnes. But on that day we looked really wooden. Since then played 8 won 8, and a couple of those were seriously important games too.

So all the doom and gloom which many felt last year for very good reason, seems to be ebbing. And even now we're still not at complete full strength.

Let's hope we continue this good vein of form.

Leigh will be up for our next game, especially after their last run out.

Bring it on!
Stevethegas
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've just been sent this picture The DW pitch was being watered today!

At least that's what I am led to believe ????????

[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... yoavjp.jpg[/IMG]
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don't know why the RFL are making such a big deal! They didn't do anything when Sky used to change games/fixtures at the drop of a hat!
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

josie andrews wrote:I've just been sent this picture The DW pitch was being watered today!

At least that's what I am led to believe ????????

[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... yoavjp.jpg[/IMG]
I've seen one from a different angle on facebook
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise