Vikings deserve compensation, says League Express editor!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Vikings deserve compensation, says League Express editor!!!

Post by morley pie eater »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Sadler should get back to what he's good at, spouting BS. Oops sorry he is, misread it. :wink:
+1

I stopped buying League Express years ago due to Sadler, in particular his "no view but mine" approach to summer rugby (and pretty much everything else). Buying out The Rugby Leaguer to kill off competition was the last straw.

Whatever happened re the Widnes match is a matter for the clubs and the RFL to sort out. Whilst Sadler is entitled to his point of view, it would be preferable for the editor of a trade paper to know what he's talking about and get the views of all sides rather than spouting his usual ill-informed male cattle excrement.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jao711

Post by jao711 »

My suggestion is that Mr Sadler should mind his own business .
markill

Post by markill »

Nezza Faz wrote:
markill wrote:Moving on from the farcical situation itself as that's been covered, Widnes were compensated by Wigan, I assume fairly significantly based on the comments from both clubs.

In addition to that, they got a bigger crowd of on-the-day paying supports than the same fixture last year, which was also £10 entry AND Wigan would keep 25% of any pre-sold tickets for a normal away fixture, but there were no pre-sold tickets by Wigan for this game so Widnes kept 100% of away ticket sales takings. The Widnes club have made out well financially from this I suspect, the Wigan club very much not so (and deservedly that is the case).

I do agree that some concession to the Widnes fans for the reverse fixture is reasonable. Discounted tickets or free travel/parking maybe. The Widnes club have already been compensated though.

Heard there's loads of Widnes fans contacting the DW as Season Ticket holders, who were unable to go to the game ! Been told by the Widnes club they should speak with Wigan for compensation.
So we compensated the club but have to compensate the individuals too!? How about just offer them free tickets to the reverse game if they were unable to attend the one last week. Simple.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jao711 wrote:My suggestion is that Mr Sadler should mind his own business .
I think its called freedom of the press
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

markill wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
markill wrote:Moving on from the farcical situation itself as that's been covered, Widnes were compensated by Wigan, I assume fairly significantly based on the comments from both clubs.

In addition to that, they got a bigger crowd of on-the-day paying supports than the same fixture last year, which was also £10 entry AND Wigan would keep 25% of any pre-sold tickets for a normal away fixture, but there were no pre-sold tickets by Wigan for this game so Widnes kept 100% of away ticket sales takings. The Widnes club have made out well financially from this I suspect, the Wigan club very much not so (and deservedly that is the case).

I do agree that some concession to the Widnes fans for the reverse fixture is reasonable. Discounted tickets or free travel/parking maybe. The Widnes club have already been compensated though.

Heard there's loads of Widnes fans contacting the DW as Season Ticket holders, who were unable to go to the game ! Been told by the Widnes club they should speak with Wigan for compensation.
So we compensated the club but have to compensate the individuals too!? How about just offer them free tickets to the reverse game if they were unable to attend the one last week. Simple.
its not different to the Wigan fans who suddenly couldnt attend/ wont be able to attend the resverse fixture.

they need to give their heads a wobble, compensation country we are becoming. makes it harder to compensate people who deserve it like EW when everyone under the sun tries to join in.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

I have become used to the perils of being a long distance supporter . The Sky Thursday / Monday fixtures were just factors we had to accept and get on with . Shooting ourselves in the foot at times like last week is a bit harder to swallow but we as a club don't have a great track record recently regarding rescheduling of fixtures and cumunication thereof. Again that's part and parcel of being a Wigan RL supporter and i am getting to the age where getting hyper about it is bad for the blood pressure ha Ha Ha.

Onwards and upwards lol

See you all tonight

Regards . EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:I have become used to the perils of being a long distance supporter . The Sky Thursday / Monday fixtures were just factors we had to accept and get on with . Shooting ourselves in the foot at times like last week is a bit harder to swallow but we as a club don't have a great track record recently regarding rescheduling of fixtures and cumunication thereof. Again that's part and parcel of being a Wigan RL supporter and i am getting to the age where getting hyper about it is bad for the blood pressure ha Ha Ha.

Onwards and upwards lol

See you all tonight

Regards . EW
Safe journey ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sadler is out of order. The real issue is the Wigan long distance fans who could not attend and how Wigan deal with them.

However it is obvious the real reason why he felt the need to spout off is why the game was moved not that it was. He knows as well ans anyone else RL games have been postponed or switched at the last minute ever since the sport has existed. Would he have felt the need to write his piece if the game had been moved for a different reason? No, it would be just one of those things. Needs to wind his neck in.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Anyone who has ever worked in a Customer services role will know only too well that "demanding compensation" is fairly standard these days.

Now I for one would hope that when we play Widnes at the DW the £10 ticket is reciprocated. Widnes season ticket holders who were unable to attend the game (Widnes will be able to produce this list) offer them free entry. Widnes usually travel fairly well to us so for £10 they should pack out that end and generate a decent atmosphere.

Sounds to me like the journalist here is just trying to stir things up. When it comes down to it the game was played, on the night it should have been (albeit a few miles away from where it was meant to be) It avoids trying to squeeze an extra fixture in somewhere later in the season, which would have been far from ideal for both clubs and for this we should be very grateful Widnes were able to step in (my understanding is that we have sorted this with them privately) What more can we do? Sadly such is the way of the world whatever we do won't be enough for some. No doubt we'll get some prat (probably Uncle Gary) calling for a points reduction.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Wigan offering someone up here (not us) who complained to the club re the Widnes debacle free hospitality and accommodation for the return match in July .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked