Just for a laugh.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Just for a laugh.

Post by SJ »

That's your prerogative

My post you objected to was in the laughs section. It wasn't vulgar or obscene. I accept it wasn't politically correct. But not being an hypocrite I passed on a joke I heard at a charity fund raising event for Cancer research. It was told by a Mancunion alternative comic now passed on. a man much scorned by the Press of the PC ilk. A man loved by he people he lived amongst who new him well and h is selfless generosity to his fellow men and a prodigious worker for charitable causes. I think anyone in the Ancoats area /Chetham hill areas will know to whom I refer. Be that has it may. Your admonishment will be seen for what it is. I conclude that other posts of the more vulgar type don't provoke you to object it's just the politically incorrect ones that do. I also think there is more to your objection than meets the eye. Perhaps your a pious priest Sorry Fraudian slip I meant parish priest. The spelling of the "slip" I refer to is intentional
Finally if I GENUINELY offended you I apologise unreservedly I will now refrain from
Contributing to the Laughs" section
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:
Finally if I GENUINELY offended you I apologise unreservedly I will now refrain from
Please reconsider, I always found the content of use at 2am in the morning!
:slee:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
SJ

Post by SJ »

J :lol:
Tinker :
I've put myself on the naughty stepWW. I'm of to S America soon I'll reconsider when I've served my time :

You say you nearly joined the military as an engineer. I think you would have been an asset. The mind set of an engineer must be full of "challenges as apposed to problems. Kind regards
I'm not being sarcastic I genuinely do read your comments along with Dave's as I said I respect you opinions even tho' I don't share them
Jim :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

SJ wrote:That's your prerogative

My post you objected to was in the laughs section. It wasn't vulgar or obscene. I accept it wasn't politically correct. But not being an hypocrite I passed on a joke I heard at a charity fund raising event for Cancer research. It was told by a Mancunion alternative comic now passed on. a man much scorned by the Press of the PC ilk. A man loved by he people he lived amongst who new him well and h is selfless generosity to his fellow men and a prodigious worker for charitable causes. I think anyone in the Ancoats area /Chetham hill areas will know to whom I refer. Be that has it may. Your admonishment will be seen for what it is. I conclude that other posts of the more vulgar type don't provoke you to object it's just the politically incorrect ones that do. I also think there is more to your objection than meets the eye. Perhaps your a pious priest Sorry Fraudian slip I meant parish priest. The spelling of the "slip" I refer to is intentional
Went to the embassy club a few times to watch Bernard and probably laughed my head off at similar jokes but that was then and the world has changed since.Id like to think i have also changed for the better and see things differently,no more no less. Neither am i a priest or wish to be.
Wandering Warrior

SJ wrote:J :lol:
Tinker :
I've put myself on the naughty stepWW. I'm of to S America soon I'll reconsider when I've served my time :

You say you nearly joined the military as an engineer. I think you would have been an asset. The mind set of an engineer must be full of "challenges as apposed to problems. Kind regards
I'm not being sarcastic I genuinely do read your comments along with Dave's as I said I respect you opinions even tho' I don't share them
Jim :D
Have a good do!
Wandering Warrior

The Embassy Club, happy days.
Went on a couple of stag dos and Bernard used to come and welcome you in with his own behave yourself briefing.
I remember him filling the club from the back first so late comers could take the hit!
One incident I remember was one of our party going in the gents while he was performing and Bernard followed him in to give a running commentary!
He wouldn't last two minutes in the Pompous C**** world of now, but he provided me and no doubt many more with some highly amusing moments.
RIP Bernard, gone but not forgotten.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

It's on page 7 of off topic. I've tried to bump it to page 1 as there are great jokes on there but I cannot get it to move.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

bill.inger wrote:I posted this hoping that the old jokes thread would be or could be resurrected. There was a lot of entertainment on that site in those days and it just seemed to die a couple of years back.
I couldn't find a way into the old jokes thread so if anyone can bring it back to life, there's got to be a shedful of jokes just waiting to be liberated, Josie, you were always good for a couple each week.
We can't all be that politically correct that we aren't allowed to print a joke any more.
should have quoted billings post in my previous post!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

A Saints Fan , A Leeds Fan & A Wigan Fan are climbing a mountain

They're all arguing about who loves his team most .

The Leeds Fan insists he is the most loyal , "This is for Leeds ! " , He yells & jumps off the mountain .

Not to be outdone , The Wigan Fan is next to profess his love for his team .

He yells " This is for Wigan ! " & pushes the Saints Fan off the mountain !! ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

If you ever feel like your job is meaningless...

Just remember..

It's someone's job to fit indicators to BMW's

:D