Fingers on Buzzers – it’s a question of Wigan v Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Fingers on Buzzers – it’s a question of Wigan v Saints

Post by josie andrews »

A Question of Sport at the DW Stadium, 24th June 7pm

Team Captains Sean O’Loughlin and Paul Sculthorpe

Hosted by the voice of rugby league himself Eddie Hemmings

Fundraising event for Wigan Warriors Community Foundation and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation

It’s always a battle royal when Wigan Warriors and St Helens clash, with no quarter given. But this summer the Super League rivals will be scrapping it out to tackle even tougher opponents– including lung cancer.

Legends from both clubs are uniting for a special event based loosely on the long-running BBC TV quiz show ‘A Question of Sport’. Money raised will go to support the charitable work of both Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation and Wigan Warriors Community Foundation.

Warriors captain Sean O’Loughlin will lead the Wigan team while the Saints side will be skippered by Paul Sculthorpe, the only player to be awarded Rugby League’s ‘Man of Steel’ title twice in a row. The teams will be rounded-out with players past and present from both sides.

It will take someone special to referee this one – and the brave man-in-the-middle for this very special event is none other than ‘Mr Rugby League’ himself, Sky Sport’s Eddie Hemmings.

Said Eddie:

“I’m delighted to support a very good cause - and to be in control of a Wigan-Saints match is a lifetime ambition! Better referees than me have struggled to keep these two teams apart in the past, so I hope there will be no shenanigans in the 2017 Question of Sport challenge. It’ll be a full house – the atmosphere will be electric and I promise everyone who is coming along I will be completely impartial – I really don’t care who loses!”

“I’m looking forward to seeing many Wigan, Saints and Rugby League fans in general on the big night and hoping to be able to announce at the end of the evening that we have raised lots and lots of money which will be put to very good use.”

The special charity challenge takes place on the evening of Saturday 24 June at Wigan’s DW Stadium. On offer is a three-course dinner and the chance to watch players past and present from both clubs slug it out to show who’s smartest when it comes to all-round sporting knowledge.

Tickets cost £40 and can be purchased online HERE or by calling 01942 762880.

Jenny Snell, Head of Fundraising with Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, said:

“This promises to be a really cracking night. We can’t wait! It’s wonderful that Wigan and Saints have agreed to take part, and to have Eddie joining Sean and Paul makes it really special. It will be brilliant fun, but of course there’s a serious side. Few people know this, but lung cancer kills more people in the UK than any other form of the disease – more than breast cancer, ovarian or bowel cancer. Yet it attracts far less scientific research than those other cancers. Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation believes it’s time to change that.”

“But investigative science is expensive – just ONE hour of laboratory research costs £35, so we need support to raise funds for this vital work”.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... hedYQLM.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
SJ

Re: Fingers on Buzzers –

Post by SJ »

JA Get thi to a Nunnery :lol: :o
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

SJ wrote:JA Get thi to a Nunnery :lol: :o

???????? No idea what you mean?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
SJ wrote:JA Get thi to a Nunnery :lol: :o

???????? No idea what you mean?
He is quoting Hamlet to Ophelia