Wigan TV cocks up again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Wigan TV cocks up again!

Post by doc »

Why no stream on the official WiganTV of the U19s for people who have paid but freeview on facebook? I have never used facebook and can't be arsed wasting time to register after the match has started before I can watch the match.

V poor again!
Hattster

Re: Wigan TV cocks up again!

Post by Hattster »

I agree, one of the reasons I signed up was to see the academy games. I too don't do Facebook and have no intentions of joining it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Hattster wrote:I agree, one of the reasons I signed up was to see the academy games. I too don't do Facebook and have no intentions of joining it.
Can I suggest you do what I do I have a Facebook page but have no info or friends on it. I use it for occasions like this or to get a code discount for stuff I like.

TBH think Facebook is a load of crap. Perfect thing for the nosey buggers of the world though.
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

I shouldn't have to sign up to Facebook if I've paid £37 to subscribe!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Hattster wrote:I shouldn't have to sign up to Facebook if I've paid £37 to subscribe!!
No I totally agree but if you wanted to watch that game it was an option. The club should have put it on both. The Facebook games are a good advert for the WiganTV product.
doc

Post by doc »

If the club had stated in advance that the match was only available on Facebook I would have signed up in advance. As they didn't I assumed it would be available as normal on Wigan TV. As I only had time to watch the first half anyway (idiots scheduling a match on Easter Sunday when people have family commitments, but that's another matter) by the time I realised you had to be a facebook member to watch it I'd allready missed 10 mins. Another 10 mins creating a facebook account (which I don't want to do in the first place)would have given me 20 mins of the match so not worth the hassle.

As stated by other posters, the match should also have been screened on Wigan TV as well. This comes after the debacle earlier in the year against Les Cats when you could not view a match on Windows/Android systems but could on Apple equipment. They need to pull their finger out on the IT side, especially given where IL made his money.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:
TBH think Facebook is a load of crap.
Have to disagree. Were it not for Facebook, I would never have known that someone I worked with 30 years ago likes Soreen!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kittwazzer wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Have to disagree. Were it not for Facebook, I would never have known that someone I worked with 30 years ago likes Soreen!
Now Soreen is crap unless it has half a pound of butter per slice and not that crap called margarine with omega 3.
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Was she called Doreen ?
OJ

Post by OJ »

Did anyone else have problems last weekend watching (or trying to watch) the under 19's game?

Think there was another match earlier in the season that none of us could get can't think what it was just for the minute but I know we emailed them about it and they didn't even bother to reply
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.