Sam Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Sam Powell

Post by josie andrews »

Sam has rolled his ankle & could be out for four to six weeks!

Gutted for the lad :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Re: Sam Powell

Post by butt monkey »

Am I correct in saying that he simply collapsed infield and was no-where near the action at the time of his injury?

Was a strange one if that incident in itself was the injury
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I didn't think he looked right at Cas; he was falling off tackles, and he's normally such a good defender.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The way things have been going that is good news!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

butt monkey wrote:Am I correct in saying that he simply collapsed infield and was no-where near the action at the time of his injury?

That is right. He fell to the floor when he was in the defensive line and nobody was near him. To be honest, how he went down I thought he had collapsed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

michael inch stoke wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Am I correct in saying that he simply collapsed infield and was no-where near the action at the time of his injury?

That is right. He fell to the floor when he was in the defensive line and nobody was near him. To be honest, how he went down I thought he had collapsed!!
Poor training methods, boots or bad luck?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Seem to remeber him rolling his ankle just before the wcc in auz a couple of years ago. Could just be bad luck.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I honestly would be very surprised if we had more ankle/knee injuries than any other SL club, I personally think we are just unlucky with the 'freaky/trauma' injuries than most!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am more than happy to be wrong but I would expect us to leave no stone unturned in ensuring that we get to see more of the players we pay to see.
Happy to read that Gregson is fine and Sam is not badly injured - even an outside chance of this week end.