2018 Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jimmy Birts

Re: 2018 Signings

Post by Jimmy Birts »

thegimble wrote:
Jimmy Birts wrote:
Wormburner wrote:Maybe we should change our coach and his training methods, then maybe we wouldn't have 15 players missing
Or the League Championship and WCC sitting in the trophy cabinet
With the squad we have we should have the Challenge Cup as well.
I'd say the big 2 are in the trophy cabinet which kind of makes it hard to knock Shaun Wane
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Bromwich and kenny-dowall been stepped down by their clubs. Be good signings for us if they came available
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Jimmy Birts wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Jimmy Birts wrote: Or the League Championship and WCC sitting in the trophy cabinet
With the squad we have we should have the Challenge Cup as well.
I'd say the big 2 are in the trophy cabinet which kind of makes it hard to knock Shaun Wane
Was going on a fishing mission with that post tbh. Was tongue in cheek with TBW reply before my reply.

Sorry for that and I agree re Wane
shimmy192

Post by shimmy192 »

Springer deffo! Re-sign Tautai immediately -otherwise with all our crocks back then we have a good team with experienced youngsters!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote:Bromwich and kenny-dowall been stepped down by their clubs. Be good signings for us if they came available
These guys are on phenomenal money, we simply can't afford them.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

We will never get top Aussies or Kiwis over here again unless they are past it and just here for a pension.A prime example is Josh Dugan has signed for Cronulla on a 4 year dale worth 1 million dollars per season and a guarantee that he will play in his preferred position at full back.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Bromwich and kenny-dowall been stepped down by their clubs. Be good signings for us if they came available

They are on huge salaries, but their futures in the NRL are unclear following their various drug convictions. Would not surprise me if their governing body took a hard line on drug use amongst players in the NRL.

If there are bans then their only way out would be in SL - but would we want to sign, and therefore, encourage such players as examples in our team ?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Nezza Faz wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

They are on huge salaries, but their futures in the NRL are unclear following their various drug convictions. Would not surprise me if their governing body took a hard line on drug use amongst players in the NRL.

If there are bans then their only way out would be in SL - but would we want to sign, and therefore, encourage such players as examples in our team ?
Rugby Union?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, let union have them. There are enough good players out there; we should never be taking the NRL's unwanted coke and pillheads. Or wife-beaters.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:Yes, let union have them. There are enough good players out there; we should never be taking the NRL's unwanted coke and pillheads. Or wife-beaters.
So we havent got any in SL?