What is the truth

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: What is the truth

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I am basing it on an observation that, in every game since his injury, and in many games beforehand he played less than 80 minutes. Whereas Powell plays 80 most times he plays.
I have loved watching mcillorum play and he has truly put his body on the line for our club for year after year. He is a wonderful player to have in the trenches and deserves time to recover from his injuries. I think this team and the squad would be stronger with an 80 minute hooker overall, that's all. If that is mcillorum and he gets back to his opposition terrifying pomp then I will be at the front of the queue shouting for him.
Sam has never played 80 mins when Mickey has been available though has he? that fact he has played 80 mins so much is simply a result of squad depth and circumstance. Shorrocks was spelled with Sam P so he doesn't always play 80 himself

To my knowledge Mickey is the only first team ready out and out hooker. It makes sense to have Sam P on the bench and to use him at hooker even when Mickey is fit.

If Sam P wasnt available and Micky was fit Micky would play 80
What was that famous Meatloaf song.......?
Paradise by the dashboard light? :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Sam has never played 80 mins when Mickey has been available though has he? that fact he has played 80 mins so much is simply a result of squad depth and circumstance. Shorrocks was spelled with Sam P so he doesn't always play 80 himself

To my knowledge Mickey is the only first team ready out and out hooker. It makes sense to have Sam P on the bench and to use him at hooker even when Mickey is fit.

If Sam P wasnt available and Micky was fit Micky would play 80
What was that famous Meatloaf song.......?
Paradise by the dashboard light? :wink:
You old romantic WW! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

May I say how pleased I was to see McIllorum play the full 80. And in style. We are, indeed, better for having him back!!!
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:May I say how pleased I was to see McIllorum play the full 80. And in style. We are, indeed, better for having him back!!!
Yes, it was nice to see him back to his usual self, trying to prove who the hardest man on the pitch is
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It was good to see him on the pitch for the full game,he was looking sharp but still a long way to go before he's anything like fully match fit,but him staying on for the game is a good start.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I thought MM was good last night (shoulder charge excepted!) What seemed obvious to me (and this is not a dig at Sam Powell) was how much faster we were at the PTB and shifting the ball towards the wings. That was pretty much all down to MM who fizzed around the pitch for most of the game. Glad to see him back and I wold think he will keep his place.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Hardest man in the league?? He didn't frighten Gidley.
VR46

Post by VR46 »

I know who I'd put my money on though :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cow yeds wrote:Hardest man in the league?? He didn't frighten Gidley.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....Gidley is a grub and what he did to MM was unnecessary and MM pointed that out, not that he has much room to talk! Gidley did well being brave knowing on a RL pitch what can really happen, wonder if he would be as brave in a boxing ring with him?

As for MM's performance, considering he has been out of action for 14 months (something some of our fans seem to have forgot), to play 80 at Magic against Wire and 2 good hookers in Clark and Dwyer is a massive step in the right direction for him and he will only get better!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cow yeds wrote:Hardest man in the league?? He didn't frighten Gidley.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....Gidley is a grub and what he did to MM was unnecessary and MM pointed that out, not that he has much room to talk! Gidley did well being brave knowing on a RL pitch what can really happen, wonder if he would be as brave in a boxing ring with him?

As for MM's performance, considering he has been out of action for 14 months (something some of our fans seem to have forgot), to play 80 at Magic against Wire and 2 good hookers in Clark and Dwyer is a massive step in the right direction for him and he will only get better!!
It was a great effort, he needs to get his distribution right though. I am putting that down to fatigue at present.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards