Castleford v Leeds.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Castleford v Leeds.

Post by Kittwazzer »

The hyperbole surrounding Castleford is getting on my tits now. They are a decent, well drilled outfit enjoying a good run without having an injury crisis they would not be able to handle.

They are not the Harlem bloody Glovetrotters!
Wandering Warrior

Re: Castleford v Leeds.

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:The hyperbole surrounding Castleford is getting on my tits now. They are a decent, well drilled outfit enjoying a good run without having an injury crisis they would not be able to handle.

Spot on. :lol:

Unfortunately they may go all the way due to other teams' injury difficulties.
I remember Derby County winning the old first division under Clough and used about 14 or 15 players all season!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Kittwazzer wrote:The hyperbole surrounding Castleford is getting on my tits now. They are a decent, well drilled outfit enjoying a good run without having an injury crisis they would not be able to handle.

I'd back us with a full first choice 13 versus theirs. That's not how it works though. They look good for some silverware this time.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wandering Warrior wrote:

Spot on. :lol:

Unfortunately they may go all the way due to other teams' injury difficulties.
I remember Derby County winning the old first division under Clough and used about 14 or 15 players all season!
Didnt Liverpool use 14 one season?

Cas keep on moving along nicely,they are like it or not forcing other teams to play again instead of the crud we've been served up across the league (last season was a shocker)clubs and coaches are trying to up the game a touch.

No bad thing.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Cas main issue will be the business end of the season tends to be in bad weather when you cant just lob it around

that said i love watching them play they are a joy to watch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, what you last two guys said. After all the complaints from fans about the poor standard of rugby in SL in recent years, it seems churlish to moan when a team does come along playing decent attacking footy. Of course they've been fortunate with injuries, and whether they can sustain their run to the end of the season remains to be seen, but right now they are the team to beat. As I remarked before, if it was us scoring the points they've scored, every Wigan fan would be purring.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Cas fans were doing a bit of crowing in the hotel on Sunday night and fair play to them we would be as well . If they are still crowing at Old Trafford in October fair play to them again they will have deserved it.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked