Why do fans bag select players?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Why do fans bag select players?

Post by fozzieskem »

Young Lewis gives it his all good and swift squad player
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Let's not forget that Lewis is now our number three fullback and he's not bad for a third choice. He has his faults and I worry about him on high balls and when he has to try to stop a bigger player one on one but he always gives his best and has improved a lot in the past few months. He was playing well on the wing before his latest injury and he's now also probably slipped to a third choice in that position. Despite our worries we should be glad to have him and he's still young enough to continue to improve. Given our injury situation, Lewis could well be playing at fullback in all the important games we have left this season.
I'd like to know other people's thoughts about the possibility of either Liam Marshall or Tom Davies being converted into a back fullback in the future. It could strengthen the squad further and may help to keep them happy if the two wing spots are taken by Dom and Budgie.
VR46

Post by VR46 »

I'm not disputing we are down on numbers and he's not our first choice in any position, going forward he's quick and illusive, defensively he's poor and never looks comfortable under the high ball.....
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Why do fans fans praise select players?
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I could see Davies as a full-back and maybe Marshall as a centre. When everyone's fit, who knows how we're going to fit Manfredi, Gildart, Marshall, Davies, Forsyth, Burgess, Escare and Tomkins into the team. Nice problem to have and I haven't forgotten Gelling - I just think the above players are better, more consistent and more like team players than him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:Because said player has ha a/or bad games on a regular occurrence.
Exactly.

A good example is Tauati who in his first season was pretty poor and got bagged for it by numerous fans so it may have looked like he was that seasons scapegoat but he wasn't. Fans were just reacting to what they saw.

Now he has improved he gets praise and I am sure the majority of fans are pleased he is staying so again fans are just reacting to what they see.

There was nothing wrong with voicing the criticism but likewise when a player comes good as he has it is only right he is given credit.

It only gets silly when for whatever reason some people seem to take a personal dislike to a player rather than just making objective comments.

Years ago when Andy Farrell was playing there was a woman who sat not far from me in the East stand who spent the majority of every game slagging him off. He could do no right as far as she was concerned. It really was very strange!
Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:Because said player has ha a/or bad games on a regular occurrence.
Exactly.

A good example is Tauati who in his first season was pretty poor and got bagged for it by numerous fans so it may have looked like he was that seasons scapegoat but he wasn't. Fans were just reacting to what they saw.

Now he has improved he gets praise and I am sure the majority of fans are pleased he is staying so again fans are just reacting to what they see.

There was nothing wrong with voicing the criticism but likewise when a player comes good as he has it is only right he is given credit.

It only gets silly when for whatever reason some people seem to take a personal dislike to a player rather than just making objective comments.

Years ago when Andy Farrell was playing there was a woman who sat not far from me in the East stand who spent the majority of every game slagging him off. He could do no right as far as she was concerned. It really was very strange!
Agree, TT has been our best forward this season and last season IMO and now he's settled I'm chuffed we have extended his services. Even when playing bad in his 1st season it was not down to lack of effort.

Liam Farrell is another in the sense that the odd bad game he has is excused because of his effort levels and the fact that 9 games out of 10 he's excellent. Plays well above his weight, I just hope his body doesn't fall to pieces when he hits 30????
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It's just an opinion is all,none are right but everyone's entitles to theirs a forum would be dead without them.
TrevorNorleyHall

Post by TrevorNorleyHall »

The problem is when fans launch their hatred without any evidence. Dave O never offers any evidence yet you would think if a player was so bad Shauin Wane would have dropped him long ago. Wait, Shaun Wane picks FPN every week. So either Dave O knows everything or Shaun Wane knows nothing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrevorNorleyHal​l​ wrote:The problem is when fans launch their hatred without any evidence. Dave O never offers any evidence yet you would think if a player was so bad Shauin Wane would have dropped him long ago. Wait, Shaun Wane picks FPN every week. So either Dave O knows everything or Shaun Wane knows nothing.
I am not sure what is the more pathetic, such an obvious attempt at trolling or your repeated re registering with as a new user having been banned.

As above you can't help but let the mask slip.