General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
morley pie eater

Re: General election

Post by morley pie eater »

Wintergreen wrote:Given the vast amounts of money poured into the NHS who do you think should pay for it?

Don't you think there should be a limit on it's size?

It's the 5th largest employer in the WORLD. Think about that for a minute (there goes another £258k by the way)

Don't worry, we'll have an extra £350 million a week soon!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wintergreen wrote:Given the vast amounts of money poured into the NHS who do you think should pay for it?

It's the 5th largest employer in the WORLD. Think about that for a minute (there goes another £258k by the way)

I wouldn't worry too much about the size and cost. I'm sure the Tories will have everything under control!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Welski wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
up the junction wrote:Corbyn was asked last night if he considered himself a wealthy man as he earns,over £130k per year ,he replied ( after all the usual skirting ) That he didn't consider himself a wealthy man.

but just on the interview, Corbyn may be on alot, but look how he lives and what he does with his money, he refused the recent MP pay rise and donates it away, barely claims expenses and rides a bike. May on the other hand flew a helicopter to bolton...

same can be said of Labour MP Andy Burham, hes donate 15% of his new wage to the homeless. can you imaging a tory MP doing this.

on the other side you are the first person in this thread to give a tangible reason to why they are voting tory and not just go Strong and Stable and oooo look corbyn looks like a hobo.
this has to be one of the saddest commentsso far. the fact that only left leaning politicians donate to charity is incredulous the fact that some do it publically ie through wages is the point to consider here.
It would be worth considering if it was actually true. Even a modest amount of research would reveal that there were in fact Conservative MP's who did make charitable donations with their pay increases.

Thersa May is the Prime Minister, and with that goes a large security detail because of the huge security risks and concerns. Corbyn can ride a bike at the moment because he is only slightly more relevant than he will be on the 9th of June. If in the event a miracle occurs, and he actually does get elected; he definitely won't be going anywhere on a bike after the election.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Well with the recent changes to social care in the Tory manefesto I find myself without a party to support.

I won't be voting.
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Wintergreen wrote:Well with the recent changes to social care in the Tory manefesto I find myself without a party to support.

I won't be voting.
She will do a U turn on this before the election , not very strong and stable if she does .
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i'm spartacus wrote:
Welski wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: this has to be one of the saddest commentsso far. the fact that only left leaning politicians donate to charity is incredulous the fact that some do it publically ie through wages is the point to consider here.
It would be worth considering if it was actually true. Even a modest amount of research would reveal that there were in fact Conservative MP's who did make charitable donations with their pay increases.

Thersa May is the Prime Minister, and with that goes a large security detail because of the huge security risks and concerns. Corbyn can ride a bike at the moment because he is only slightly more relevant than he will be on the 9th of June. If in the event a miracle occurs, and he actually does get elected; he definitely won't be going anywhere on a bike after the election.
taking comments out of context to further your view?
this has to be one of the saddest commentsso far. the fact that only left leaning politicians donate to charity is incredulous the fact that some do it publically ie through wages is the point to consider here.
nowhere have i stated that no tory mp wouldn't do what corybn has done. i asked could you imagine a tory MP donating 15% of there wage in the way burham has?

i'm aware many Mp's/companies/rich people donate to charity as it has direct Tax benifits to them.

my point is that Corybn despite his wage/background lives a modest lifestyle that is all.

i'm calling bull on this one:

1. a helitcopter cannot carry a large amount of people

2. Plane/train/car are all viable option and just as secure, heck even booking her a first class ticket to manchester and then a private car with security detail would set a betting imagine/be more cost effective.

2. i'm not expecting May to ride a bike to the north, but she wants to target workers arriving by helicopter sends the wrong imagine.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wandering Warrior wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about the size and cost. I'm sure the Tories will have everything under control!?!
by making sure there friends and colleagues get a good cut of that public money by privatization
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wandering Warrior

Got it in one!
Dementia tax is a classic, just a minute they're on a back pedal with that one!! :lol:
Do I hear a lock it coming on? :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Rochdale Warrior wrote:She will do a U turn on this before the election , not very strong and stable if she does .
Well you got that right except according to her nothing has changed.

So despite Jeremy Hunt being wheeled out to say there was definitely no cap and that is why this policy was different to the Dilnot proposals (which proposed a cap) there is now really a cap.

Except they won't tell you what it is! So the reassurance is worthless.

Even George Osborne in the Evening Standard says this isn't good enough and says if you are going to make changes to socal care of this magnitude you can't expect people to leave it up to what pops out of a Green Paper - a paper that by the way wasn't going to be about funding at all as stated in the Tory manifesto.

Ed Milliband has come out and called Theresa May a liar on twitter:
Ed Miliband @Ed_Miliband
This isn't just an incompetent non u-turn it's a lie. Nobody mentioned a cap because there wasn't going to be one. #takingpeopleforfools
12:45 PM - 22 May 2017

Ed Miliband @Ed_Miliband
This is now a character issue as well as a care issue. When PM says "nothing has changed" she is lying. If she lies about this what else?
He is spot on. The Tory manifesto is clearly not worth the paper its written on. Add to this May getting flustered to the point of virtually shouting at the press when the U-turn was announced the last thing the Tories look is "Strong and Stable".

This U-turn is unprecedented and it has never happened that a party has U-turned on a manifesto pledge after just four days in the middle of a campaign.

It's incompetent, dishonest and May's lack of composure should tell you she is the last person to lead the Brexit negotiations.
Wandering Warrior

Dave
It's not about getting a good deal in Brexit for May, it's all about furthering her own power and career. Unfortunately the Brexit scenario is going to leave her doing an uphill marathon!
As an extra a financial wiz on LBC yesterday stated there'll be two kinds of Brexit, bad and very bad, and stated most of his peers think the same.
27 v 1 the odds don't sound too good?
Interestingly May didn't get nowt from Trump but he did from the ragheads, a defence customer of ours.