Wakefield game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wormburner

Re: Wakefield Squad

Post by Wormburner »

Complete and utter crap, too reliant on one player, and when he goes off we turn to shite, glad i can't afford a season ticket and transport from the dark depths of Cumberland :conf:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

First post not happy.questions need to be asked
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Seriously glad I went to work today and finished 3pm.

But its ok its only the injuries that is holding us back. And I bet a smart person will say the obvious it worked last season. Difference this season and last is a simple one there are 2 decent sides in SL atm and they might not win the GF. But we will not be in the position come September to stop them.

Shocking season and its getting worse. We are lucky due to the start as over the last 6-8 weeks we have been playing bottom 4 rugby and tbh we deserve it atm.

If the injuries are similar to last season does this prove Matty Smith was a better player than given credit for.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Looking at the table if Catalan win today then we are in real trouble
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

How do we manage to keep throwing games away!! Its starting to get ridiculous. I think the top 4 is gone this year.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Why does wane not adapt tactics in games in stead of having a go at players wich is bet he did today to no avail.We get the same every week from him
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

I am starting to think the Jack Gibson method may not be a load of bollocks after all :eusa16:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wormburner wrote:I am starting to think the Jack Gibson method may not be a load of bollocks after all :eusa16:
Stop fishing
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

cherry.pie wrote:I've rarely seen a game where the turning point was quite so obvious. As soon as we took FPN and Sutton off and they brought Fifita on it was one way traffic.

While I'm not one to criticise Wane very often, I was very surprised that he didn't seem to do anything at all to stem the tide. It was clear that Tautai, Navarrete, Field and Powell were struggling to deal with the threat of Fifita and the subsequent carries from their other big forwards. Still, they were left out there for the rest of the half and 10-15 minutes of the second half, with the game only slipping further and further away from us.

I'm not sure what the logic was. Did he think the players could ride out the onslaught and then when FPN, Sutton, Lockers and McIlorum are brought back on we would start racking up the points again?

Credit to FPN and Sutton though. Both were exceptional in the first 20 and they didn't do too badly when brought on in the second half although the team was all over the place by then.

Despite the criticism he gets we do miss Flower. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be and suffers from the same issue that FPN does, in that he often seems to be playing tactically and targeting certain players and areas rather than making big carries and that draws criticism. Both Clubb and Tomkins were a miss too, because they are two more big, aggressive players who could play down the middle and mix it with the bigger Wakefield pack.

Navarrete and Field just weren't able to cope today. Probably not a great surprise and it's not really a criticism, but that's where the game was lost as they couldn't handle Fifita, along with Powell and Farrell too.
Totally agree. Why wait until the game was virtually gone to make the substitutions back to when we walking away with the game at 20 - 0.
Baffles me this substitutions by the clock and not by how the game is playing out in front of you.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:Looking at the table if Catalan win today then we are in real trouble
Why? It stops Hull moving further ahead of us.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards