Re: Sean Wane is a fraud.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

We are current world champions, but that's fish and chip wrappers now, what concerns me is we are even more boring this year than last year, last year we nicked matches through some good game management, this year we are loosing due to poor game management
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Pathetic
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Can't be bothered reading all the replies but if your going to bag him at least get his bloody name right.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

morley pie eater wrote:We heard similar stuff last year. I prefer to reserve judgement til the end of the season.

Remind me again, who are World Club Champions?
I will go with that!

However you dress it up we had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 14, and 15 all missing today! That is arguably 9 of a 17 missing! Throw in Escare and it's 10!! I don't care what anybody says 10 established professionals missing puts pressure on youngsters to perform consistently when they probably aren't quite ready for that level of consistency yet. However, and more importantly for me with 10 first team regulars missing it puts more strain on the seasoned pros to step up and perform and in my opinion they all need a little help and relief, something having a Sam T, Gelling, Bateman etc. next to you on the field would provide!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So the pitch forks are being sharpened i see..

Ok,for my tuppence,for what its worth,

I always though in the prop department we were more than a little light once the club had gotten rid of Mossop and Crosby,all the eggs went into FPN's basket that he'd hit the ground running and lets be fair he simply hasnt been anywhere near the form he's clearly capable of,although it's there,you can see it,like a grumpy bear awakening for hibernation FPN's true form is coming,but its a team game and none in the prop deprartment have been much use this season.

While i wasnt in anyway,shape or form a fan of Sargenson the club havent replaced him,i have a lot of time for Gildart but he was a different player to Sarge i,in my opinion never saw him as a direct replacement for Sarge.

My view and nothing will convince me otherwise,is that we ask the players to play to many games,take this weekend christ on a bike let them have a rest they deserve it,I saw Bateman going into the ground at dinnertime he looks years younger for this time off he's had rather than the haggard bloke he'd become at the tail end of last season,rest works.

Now here is where i have real issues with Wane,please oh please someone get a proper goal kicker,no im not talking about Escare he was hit and miss,but someone like Richards,Botica or dare i say it Gale or Sir Kev,the amount of points the club is losing out on because the days sacrifcial lamb has missed the kick and taken some poor sap out in the crowd.

Top 4 i feel has gone,ive thought that for awhile Cas are white hot at the moment and Salford are pretty good too.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Way I see it, it's a mixture of players missing, an ignorance of not changing tactics to suit the game and inexperience.

Tierney is a second choice winger playing as a third choice fullback.
As good as they are Marshall and Davies are third and fourth choice wingers.
Worthington fifth choice centre, Forsyth fourth choice centre, Isa third choice centre, budgie never a centre.
Wells fifth choice second row, Field Sixth choice second row.
Navarette sixth choice prop.

Wakefield turned up with four of their better players on the bench, excellent tactics by Chester as he knew that after 20 minutes our top four tacklers would be off the field at the same time, ala saints and Warrington games. Fifita looked like a colossus today shrugging players off with ease, making a ton of metres and almost singlehandedly brought wakey back into the game.

Wigan yet again failed to take a penalty kick virtually in front of the posts when we were winning 20-10 which obviously would have put us two scores ahead but more importantly it would have given us back the ball when Wakefield were on a high. Instead we run it and knock on on the third.

Waney imo needs to look at the starting lineup and re think his substitutions as we can't afford Lockers, Macca, FPN and Sutty to be off the field at the same time!!!!

Matt
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:So the pitch forks are being sharpened i see..

Ok,for my tuppence,for what its worth,

I always though in the prop department we were more than a little light once the club had gotten rid of Mossop and Crosby,all the eggs went into FPN's basket that he'd hit the ground running and lets be fair he simply hasnt been anywhere near the form he's clearly capable of,although it's there,you can see it,like a grumpy bear awakening for hibernation FPN's true form is coming,but its a team game and none in the prop deprartment have been much use this season.

While i wasnt in anyway,shape or form a fan of Sargenson the club havent replaced him,i have a lot of time for Gildart but he was a different player to Sarge i,in my opinion never saw him as a direct replacement for Sarge.

My view and nothing will convince me otherwise,is that we ask the players to play to many games,take this weekend christ on a bike let them have a rest they deserve it,I saw Bateman going into the ground at dinnertime he looks years younger for this time off he's had rather than the haggard bloke he'd become at the tail end of last season,rest works.

Now here is where i have real issues with Wane,please oh please someone get a proper goal kicker,no im not talking about Escare he was hit and miss,but someone like Richards,Botica or dare i say it Gale or Sir Kev,the amount of points the club is losing out on because the days sacrifcial lamb has missed the kick and taken some poor sap out in the crowd.

Top 4 i feel has gone,ive thought that for awhile Cas are white hot at the moment and Salford are pretty good too.
Agree with pretty much all of that.As for good goal-kickers, well, they are like hen's teeth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe even celebrated 'good' kickers like Jamie Lyon and Cam Smith only have career averages around Matty Smith's level, which everyone was saying wasn't good enough last season. If you want a Thurston, or a Jarrod Croker, or indeed, a Botica, they are rare indeed.

But, saying that, I don't think a goal kicker is the big issue. We need better forwards to be able to take advantage of the ability we have (and still have, even with a reduced squad) out wide. You only have to look at what Junior Moors has done for Cas, or, more recently, Fifita for Wakey, to see that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Blaming the injury situation ignores the fact we got into winning positions and blew it in the last three games.

Better game management and tactics from the coach should have seen us through to taking the points despite who is injured.

Focusing on I injuries is letting Wane off the hook. The buck stops with him and he is proving he can't nurse a depleted side to winning games despite getting into the position to do so. This latest capitulation is down to him.

You can set your watch by Wane's substitutions an the regular ones after 20 minutes never have any tactical element whatsoever. He just does it to rest players regardless of what is happening on the pitch

With a full squad he gets away with it most of the time. With players out he can't but he still does it because he doesn't know any better.

The reason Chester knew we'd have the best tacklers off the pitch on 20 minutes is because Wane is predicable. Chester knew exactly what he was doing and not for the first time out coached Wane.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

First off the subs yesterday didnt help I with hindsight would have left FPN Mac and Sutton on for another 10 minutes. With us being 2 points down at the break with above players off, I would have strated the second half big Lockers Mac FPN. Wane does seem to not adapt but its easier with hindsight to back up your thoughts re game plans.
The injuries do play a massive part if they didnt you would never be happy to see someone stay at the club because it wouldnt matter. Numbers 1 to 5, 10, 11, 14 and 15 are those numbers in tge squad because they are first choice. You get players like Marshall Davies Escare who have now staked a claim but fact is they are still second choices if we are fully fit though that may change.
Wanes record with an injury hit team is good he won the SL with one last year ... it wasnt as bad as this year though.
If you think our injuries do not effect the results than you are not living in the real world.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

lucky 13 wrote: First off the subs yesterday didnt help I with hindsight would have left FPN Mac and Sutton on for another 10 minutes. With us being 2 points down at the break with above players off, I would have strated the second half big Lockers Mac FPN. Wane does seem to not adapt but its easier with hindsight to back up your thoughts re game plans.
The injuries do play a massive part if they didnt you would never be happy to see someone stay at the club because it wouldn't matter. Numbers 1 to 5, 10, 11, 14 and 15 are those numbers in the squad because they are first choice. You get players like Marshall Davies Escare who have now staked a claim but fact is they are still second choices if we are fully fit though that may change.
Wanes record with an injury hit team is good he won the SL with one last year ... it wast as bad as this year though.
If you think our injuries do not effect the results than you are not living in the real world.
Dont think anyone is suggesting that but we aren't the only team with injuries, and we also have the deepest pockets in terms of talent that any squad has so out of the whole league injuries effect us the least.

we've had most of our key pivots playing in most matches. Yes its handy to have great wingers but you would never spend your salary cap on a winger or second row for a reason, in the grand scheme of things they cant impact the game massively, as already stated just because Davies and Marshall are second string choices doesn't mean that they're are weakening us dramatically, they are still better than most the wingers in SuperLeague now, yes dom and budgie are better, but that shouldn't mean that we are massively weakened.

We've always been light in the centres, Wane doesn't seem to give the position much credit, think this is the area we are weakest in the injury "crisis" but we should still be strong enough with game management to do a job especially with how utterly rubbish the standard of Superleague is, from the injuries thread (not sure if this has been added to since) but look

Budgie - Starter but have had a replacement good enough for SL
Joel T - rotation when all 2nd rowers are fit
Forsyth - not first team
Woods - not first team
Gildart - starter
Sam T - who knows, would take him a long time to get up to speed i dont think you can even count him as he hasnt played for so long, it be more like getting a new player than having one back
Bateman - starter
Clubb - rotation player, decent but sutton as good
Bretherton - not first team
Gelling - starter
Manfredi - starter but see budgie
Flower - rotation, form hasnt been good again TT/Sutton been better
Shorrocks - not first team
Escare - starter
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure