TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Like all sports Rugby League is a result measured game. If your not getting the results then its time for change.

It is well documented about our injuries and no one could disagree to say it has been extreme for a considerable length of time. Questions MUST be asked why!

We have brought in younger players who I believe have been motivated by S.W to perform to a high standard but the level that is expected week in week out cannot be kept up if the level of skill is not there.

We have persevered with players who are not up to the Wigan standard in the past and I'm not going to mention any now. But the fact has been we should have highlighted these areas of weakness and been more proactive in bring in players when we need to, something that has not happened for years. S.W has praised himself for not doing this fundamental necessity. This would have brought great excitement to fans and helped the team to succeed.

Are we playing with a second rate team at the moment, the answer to that is no. We have what some would say world class players within the team or at the very least Super League standard players, so yes we should be winning more games.

One aspect I cannot accept is we have not had a recognised goal kicker for a while now, what is going on here?

We play in a structure and have been doing this for a long time, other clubs know our structure and know how to defend against it. This is part of the reason we have not seen Wigan play with flair so this has had two effects. One.. clubs read our game and two we are not entertained.

We have not played with flair that entertains the fans for a number of years but yes we have won great games and cups.

I have never directly criticised S.W and I will not but it is my conclusion that it is now time for change at OUR GREAT CLUB WIGAN WARRIORS.

LET US ALL BE ENTERTAINED FOR OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Kittwazzer

Re: TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can't believe these threads. We won the GF 7 months ago. We became World Champions 3 months ago.

Supporters? I've shit better!
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Sport is a results driven business, We support the team, but at which point does Wane become Cunningham? Grand final winner to sacked, you are as good as your last result. Professional sport is ruthless.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Lazy J wrote:Sport is a results driven business, We support the team, but at which point does Wane become Cunningham? Grand final winner to sacked, you are as good as your last result. Professional sport is ruthless.
Ranieri comes to mind.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

5miler wrote:Ranieri comes to mind.
You could add Jose at Chelski

Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Lazy J wrote:Sport is a results driven business, We support the team, but at which point does Wane become Cunningham? Grand final winner to sacked, you are as good as your last result. Professional sport is ruthless.

It's also about stability that can withstand that ruthlessness. We could recruit and sack another coach or two this season, and how do you think that would work ? The successful sides keep a settled team around them and get through the tough periods, look at Leeds last season and this, and the improvement they've shown, with a lot of kids coming in like us ? There were calls from some of their fans last year to sack the coach, but not many are calling for his head now !

We may well just have to accept this season has been derailed, for reasons obvious to any reasonable fan, but we still have a chance and may possibly have a run in the Cup with some additions returning.

Just sacking Wane now achieves nothing - most Wigan fans today stayed behind and there were none of those "boos" aimed at the coach or players, as could, and has happened in the past, if those fans were less understanding of the current situation. And we don't have to go too far from home to see how Latics fared with their regular coaching changes ?

Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Nezza Faz wrote:It's also about stability that can withstand that ruthlessness. We could recruit and sack another coach or two this season, and how do you think that would work ? The successful sides keep a settled team around them and get through the tough periods, look at Leeds last season and this, and the improvement they've shown, with a lot of kids coming in like us ? There were calls from some of their fans last year to sack the coach, but not many are calling for his head now !

We may well just have to accept this season has been derailed, for reasons obvious to any reasonable fan, but we still have a chance and may possibly have a run in the Cup with some additions returning.

Just sacking Wane now achieves nothing - most Wigan fans today stayed behind and there were none of those "boos" aimed at the coach or players, as could, and has happened in the past, if those fans were less understanding of the current situation. And we don't have to go too far from home to see how Latics fared with their regular coaching changes ?
True, but repeating the same actions and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. There are no real calls yet for change, but I like many am fed up of the same sound bites, as a team Wigan are more boring than last year and I thought that was impossible. It's the total inflexibility of Wane not to change the way we play to suit the players available that is the real killer, we lost to saints through poor game management, today was just bloody awful, 20 nil up in 20 mins, we go in loosing at half time, and never recovered.

Wane may well turn it around, but I've got a horrible feeling we'll be in the bottom 8s this year, our form is abysmal, our game management is non existent, we are spectacularly predictable, and have been for 3 years, I'm just not enjoying RL we play at the moment, and I don't think I'm alone.

Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

cherry.pie wrote:Who would you like the club to bring in to replace Wane?
Dessy Hasler
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Time is not right to sack SW but the time is right for a change at the end of the season no matter what happens, and it would be good for SW to walk away . We have some good youngsters coming through and I dont think SW is the man to see them progress. Lindsay sacked McInnes and Clarke just after winning Wembley and the rest is history.

We need a fresh approach/style and need someone who is going to sort out the deadwood and attract some quality players. Clubb and Gelling in the last 2 seasons have not played a full season between them. Resigning former players Tompkins brothers, Mossop and Tommy all have been a mistake. We should be looking for Lockers replacement,centre and half back and yes a goal kicker.

The nucleus is there to win everything next season we just need to be a bit smarter in the close season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Not a chance he will be sacked. This season is not over, reflection is after the season has finished.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards