TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: TIME TO LOOK AND CONCLUDE

Post by fozzieskem »

Remember when at the end of the WCC Sean walked out with his grandson,I thought to myself "this is it lad,time to retire if you're going to go" Sean thought differently though.

Rightly in my opinion at least for a couple of more years.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

I am not advocating we sack SW as that would achieve nothing, particularly at this stage of the season, however it is time he realises that the obsession with a team fullof Wigan raised players I
is not feasible.Every interview he gives he says he is satisfied and that the youngsters will benefit the club further down the line.It is blatantly obvious that all the younger players are either not good enough or not ready for long stints in the side.Injuries happen and we cannot prevent that but we do not have sufficient experienced players in certain positions.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Shaun Wane will not be sacked end of

he wants a team full of Wiganers

its in IL interest to field the cheapest team he can as a business thats how it works best

SL is that bad a team full of our youngsters can compete

we will make it to most finals

All facts
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Could any coach do better than SW has this season with the players available? I doubt it. Reality is that SW went into the season with a shape / structure that suited his first 17 or 20 players. Had anyone said to SW prior to the season that he'll be playing two very young wingers for over a quarter of the year, have no third or fourth props and only be able to play his first choice centres together for three or four games by mid season then he would have probably coached it differently during pre season.

Sometimes clubs in all sports have a perfect storm of a season injuries wise. It's not the coaches fault, the training regime's fault or the owner's fault. S*** happens, this season some fans just need to see it for what it is.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Shaun Wane will not be sacked end of

its in IL interest to field the cheapest team he can as a business thats how it works best

All facts
Can't disagree too much with that, up to a point...

But, star players put bums on seats. Rightly or wrongly, it seems to me that the decline in attendances at Wigan games is largely because people don't want ot pay to see a team full of kids.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

LooseHead wrote:Could any coach do better than SW has this season with the players available? I doubt it. Reality is that SW went into the season with a shape / structure that suited his first 17 or 20 players. Had anyone said to SW prior to the season that he'll be playing two very young wingers for over a quarter of the year, have no third or fourth props and only be able to play his first choice centres together for three or four games by mid season then he would have probably coached it differently during pre season.

Sometimes clubs in all sports have a perfect storm of a season injuries wise. It's not the coaches fault, the training regime's fault or the owner's fault. S*** happens, this season some fans just need to see it for what it is.
both Chris Chester and Ian Watson are doing better than us with not as good players available - as already stated our second string is better than most first string. Wigan have the best squad in the league in terms of depth

Other times have had injuries not just us
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

How many would take going out of the cc and the play offs if we get there.If it meant Wane getting sacked

1 who would you like to see as coach
2 wich players would you get rid of
3 wich players would you want see in
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Shaun Wane will not be sacked end of

All facts
All opinions. :roll:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Not a chance he will be sacked. This season is not over, reflection is after the season has finished.
I agree I am not saying we need to get him sacked. We need to look at fully what is causing injuries why they happen and try to remedy it.

Playing style is not an issue we were scoring for fun in the first few games. Problem is why are so many players long term injured and key players at that.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Not a chance he will be sacked. This season is not over, reflection is after the season has finished.
I agree I am not saying we need to get him sacked. We need to look at fully what is causing injuries why they happen and try to remedy it.

Playing style is not an issue we were scoring for fun in the first few games. Problem is why are so many players long term injured and key players at that.

Agree, but unfortunately not too many fans see it thst way. With the injury-free squad first up, we were on fire and no one was going to beat us, were the comments at the time. Gelling and Gildart were on fire at centre, and attacking wise the two new kids on the wing were literally flying (but not defensively, I must add). Escare had made a great start to his Wigan career, whilst our Halves were the pick of the League ("Williams for England" was the call.) The pack was strong with a stable squad in that position, still missing MM.

Since then at times there's been 14 players missing - think that makes a subtle difference ?