Why do fans bag select players?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Why do fans bag select players?

Post by Nezza Faz »

Firestarter wrote:I think , regardless ov injuries, lewis tierney will be dropped vs hull...... his defence has been pretty poor recently and hes terrible under the high ball...... not knocking him as hes a tryer but we have better players imo
Lewis Tierney, as far as I know, is a winger and had been a pretty good one until his injury (remember his try saving tackle on Junior S'au at Salford ?). Had also been much improved last season, leading up to the GF.

He's only about 5 feet 8 inches tall so he's at a pretty big disadvantage coming up against 6 foot odd wingers ! And putting him into perspective, he's about 3rd choice full back but doing a job there because of all the unavailable No.1's ! And as you say, he's definitely a "tryer" and wears the Wigan badge with tons of pride.

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Thats a fair point but as a fullback or winger the high ball is a big part of the game....... i do see a lot of improvement in lewis but at the moment i see him as our 5 th choice winger
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

The age of the side when Wane made those changes ie the full front row and then lockers not much later was frightening.

TT, Powel, RN

LF, JW,

CF

With a back line of

LM, JW, WI, TD

LF

Beggars belief to field a side like that at any one time. Especially not when you'ce just conceeded two quick tries and its 20-10 with ten mins to go.

Shut up shop and preserve that lead going into the sheds.

Before we knew it we were 20-22 down at half time and then 20-36 before the senior lads came back on.

Thick as pig sh1t.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AdamMac wrote:The age of the side when Wane made those changes ie the full front row and then lockers not much later was frightening.

TT, Powel, RN

LF, JW,

CF

With a back line of

LM, JW, WI, TD

LF

Beggars belief to field a side like that at any one time. Especially not when you'ce just conceeded two quick tries and its 20-10 with ten mins to go.

Before we knew it we were 20-22 down at half time and then 20-36 before the senior lads came back on.

Thick as pig sh1t.
Is it too hard to type the players names in full?

Some people may take a while to translate it & others, perhaps new to this forum & Wigan Warriors, won't have a clue what you are talking about ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

josie andrews wrote:
AdamMac wrote:The age of the side when Wane made those changes ie the full front row and then lockers not much later was frightening.

TT, Powel, RN

LF, JW,

CF

With a back line of

LM, JW, WI, TD

LF

Thick as pig sh1t.
Is it too hard to type the players names in full?

Some people may take a while to translate it & others, perhaps new to this forum & Wigan Warriors, won't have a clue what you are talking about ????
In answer to your question, no its obviously not to hard to type the names out.

But, if you watched the game and paid any attention at all (which I hope you would do) then you wouldn't have any problem whatsoever figuring out which initials belong to which players.

Hardly rocket science.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

TrevorNorleyHal​l​ wrote:Every season, somebody has to become the source of abuse

Not sure that abuse is the correct word, I sometimes criticise players but do not abuse any of them.