Willie Isa - new contract?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mikey

Re: Willie Isa - new contract?

Post by mikey »

Absolute must been solid and reliable can't believe its taken so long to get another offer
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Not as good as last seasons form but honest and solid if a little clumsy with the penalties no problem with him having another year.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Has he ever made a break? I can't remember one and I agree he's a penalty machine.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He was pretty good last year..... this year he hasnt been as good( when we have needed him too)....... saying that, joel has got a new contract and i honestly think isa has done more than him too deserve one
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Firestarter wrote:He was pretty good last year..... this year he hasnt been as good( when we have needed him too)....... saying that, joel has got a new contract and i honestly think isa has done more than him too deserve one
None of them have been very good
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Honestly i still fail to see how Joel got a new deal,he's hardly been fit before this season since his return.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

fozzieskem wrote:Honestly i still fail to see how Joel got a new deal,he's hardly been fit before this season since his return.
Jobs for the boys, should have never been brought back from union
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote:Honestly i still fail to see how Joel got a new deal,he's hardly been fit before this season since his return.
improving all the time since his injury, played through his injury unlike some then had the op when fit troops came back. As for Isa couldnt burst through a wet paper bag, offers nothing really.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote:
improving all the time since his injury, played through his injury unlike some then had the op when fit troops came back. As for Isa couldnt burst through a wet paper bag, offers nothing really.
And the previous 3 years?

To me,in a squad blighted and haunted by injuries it seemed odd to offer a player who's done relatively nothing since his return from union and had his own injury problems as well,just my opinion as I don't listen to the groans around when the side concedes yet another penalty from him.

I understand about loyalty etc,but in these days of the salary cap players need to turn in week out,which is what ISA offers I suppose
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wormburner wrote:
Firestarter wrote:He was pretty good last year..... this year he hasnt been as good( when we have needed him too)....... saying that, joel has got a new contract and i honestly think isa has done more than him too deserve one
None of them have been very good
if there is better players available then i defo would like too see someone else brought in
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE