General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: General election

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Yes the Tory candidate early doors. He's a Giants fan and lives in Bury.
I asked him would he vote for the return of fox hunting in a free vote in parliament. He said no to which I replied that's good there's more important things than fox hunting and satisfying the blood lust of a few.
He asked would I get his vote and I replied as a Wigan fan I'd rather St Helens win the challenge cup!
He said thanks for your time and walked off.
What interested me was he was out in his jeans but I'll bet he'd have his suit on to go and visit the toffs up Bradshaw!?! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

No candidates been here. 5 Con leaflets, 1 Labour and 1 Lib Dem.
Surprising as this is a 400 winning vote majority constituency.
SJ

Post by SJ »

josie andrews wrote:Has anyone on here had any of their candidates knock on their door during this campaign? I haven't :eh:
No not even a leaflet. But ety I live in a remote place. I see the "Engineer" give herself an exaggerated characterisation. Left out pillo... Fibber. :cool:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Looking at bookies' odds and polls, it's clear that Tories will win. My guess is they'll have a broadly similar majority as they have now. Might gain a couple of seats in Scotland.

Interesting article in i paper. Quotes book by professor who says that calling an early election invariably shows PM sees problems round the corner (ie Brexit deal in this case). Thatcher was advised to go for early election in 82 on crest of wave after Falklands. She refused because she had confidence in winning later in 84.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:Has anyone on here had any of their candidates knock on their door during this campaign? I haven't :eh:
Not here in Skem Josie,loads of conservative flyers though they're clearly after the west Lancs seat
Welski

Post by Welski »

Caboosegg wrote:
Welski wrote:.and from the intelligence shown do far anyone who votes labour is putting this country at severe risk.
in your opinion.

there have been plenty on none car crash labour interviews but none of these seem to make the news or be talked about.

May goes on the one show and talks about shoes..... shoes.....

please tell me how May is the better choice to head brexit?

her record isnt exactly brilliant.
I don't really mind people talking about whatever the interviewer wants and I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people on botth sides but the car crash episodes are the ones that should scare us.
Surely you can see it's not just in my opinion after recent events?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

You are obviously confident that your health is good and prepared to pay dementia tax!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

What May will do with anything less than a 30 majority I don't know.
If she does end up with a majority as now, 12, then there'll be all sorts of trouble in the Con Party. Can't see her being leader in 2022.

I do think that if she can't get any kind of a deal with the EU and we are facing no Single Market, Customs Union, Trade Tariffs. Import Quotas and Anti Dumping Fines she'll go for a 2nd referendum.
That should be good fun!

Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wiganer Ted wrote:What May will do with anything less than a 30 majority I don't know.
If she does end up with a majority as now, 12, then there'll be all sorts of trouble in the Con Party. Can't see her being leader in 2022.

I do think that if she can't get any kind of a deal with the EU and we are facing no Single Market, Customs Union, Trade Tariffs. Import Quotas and Anti Dumping Fines she'll go for a 2nd referendum.
That should be good fun!
There will never be a second referendum in your lifetime, give it up, it's been almost a year, you lost ffs
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I can hardly watch this unfold

i dont know whats worse if the Tories do win

the death of the NHS
the rich getting richer
the poor getting poorer

or the fact im going to have to watch the gurn-a-tron 2000 on the news trying to be human
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure