Phone Brian

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Phone Brian

Post by thegimble »

First thing that IL does this evening is phone Noble and ask him to stabilise us again. This is the worst side I have seen the 2006 side was bad but this side would lose to that side easily.

Defence is awful its not even Championship standard its a joke.

Get to Wigan line score rinse and repeat.

Wigan_forever1985

Re: Phone Brian

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thegimble wrote:First thing that IL does this evening is phone Noble and ask him to stabilise us again. This is the worst side I have seen the 2006 side was bad but this side would lose to that side easily.

things will never be that bad!!!

Personally id give Chris Chester a shot

he took a crap KR team to the CC Final and has worked wonders with Wakey
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
thegimble wrote:First thing that IL does this evening is phone Noble and ask him to stabilise us again. This is the worst side I have seen the 2006 side was bad but this side would lose to that side easily.

things will never be that bad!!!

Personally id give Chris Chester a shot

he took a crap KR team to the CC Final and has worked wonders with Wakey
You sure we need a coach that can get a side to defend and this side looks gone. All round the team.
curryman

Post by curryman »

I have followed Wigan since 1965 and I cannot recall a team who were so consistently abject in defence and so bereft of attacking ideas as this current one.

I question the management, week after week it seems teams full of players Wigan have rejected are turning up, not only to beat them, but to thrash the pants off them.

There were at least six Wiganers playing for the Wire, at least five tonight for Leigh, same numbers for Salford, it goes on and on. We ship out players like Hampshire, L. Tomkins, J Hughes and replace them with what? Players that are not as good.

Sorry, no disrespects to them, but shipping 50 against Leigh is simply pathetic.

We have got stuck in this loop of developing players, letting them leave and then re-signing them when they are injured or past their sellby dates. Name one player who has re-signed who has been a success on their return. Leulai is 50 per cent of the player he was when he left and amplifies what a mistake it was in releasing Matty Smith. The best of the Tomkins brothers - Logan - has just signed a long term contract with Salford.

Sam is a disaster, quite frankly. we are paying him £400K to grow a beard. Its a joke.

It is easily the worst side in a decade, we cannot use injuries as an excuse, we had a lot of big names playing tonight and Leigh still stuck 50 on us.

The whole club has gone stale and needs a root and branch sort out.

I think it needs more than Brian to sort this mess out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

curryman wrote:We have got stuck in this loop of developing players, letting them leave and then re-signing them when they are injured or past their sellby dates.
This is part of the issue and I think in the face of raids by the NRL our chairman wanted to see a way out so came up with a plan to mitigate the losses in the eyes of the fans which was resign them later.

The trouble is none of them as yet come back at the top of their game on a high. Instead usually under a bit of a could or injured. So why re-sign them? To prove a point that IL's master plan was working? I think so.

There doesn't seem to have been any evaluation of whether or not they were actually STILL good enough.

It's not just that though.

I can't understand why players like Isa get signed in the first place and are seemingly favourite choices by Wane.

I don't know who dictates signing choices but at the moment the trio of Wane, Rds and IL is not looking good.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Just when I thought we were almost at rock bottom I read that someone wants Brian Noble back :eusa17: :eusa17:

It gave me a laugh if nothing else
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

How about as a defensive coach? We apparently don't have one at the moment.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Southern Softy wrote:How about as a defensive coach? We apparently don't have one at the moment.
How about a defence to coach?

Or a coach as our defence?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Southern Softy wrote:How about as a defensive coach? We apparently don't have one at the moment.
I'm not a fan of noble, I wouldn't let him wash the team coach let alone coach us!:D
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

w.thomas wrote:
I'm not a fan of noble, I wouldn't let him wash the team coach let alone coach us!:D
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.