HEAD HIGH TACKLES

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

HEAD HIGH TACKLES

Post by turf »

If Dallas is subjected to constant head high tackles again this year, then I am afraid that his year will NOT be injury free. I think the referees do not clamp down on it enough. How many times last year did someone off the opposition side get away with either a swinging arm into Dallas's head, or a high shot inot his throat.
pedro

Re: HEAD HIGH TACKLES

Post by pedro »

pie eaters posted:
Its the same with every side though, we are as guilty as the next club
Not exactly he gets hit high nearly every tackle. I even laugh about it now cos I cant believe it. Wigan should complain about it as it is farsicle!
pedro

Post by pedro »

pie eaters posted:
Yeah so does Long, so does burrow, so does brough
Your joking. They are not in the same league. All srum halves get charged after kicks but Dallas just get hit head high every time.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Exagerating with all the split eyes and broken faces I doubt it. He come off form a game once and he looked like he'd been run over. Also he never complains he just gets on with it so how can he exagerate?
pedro

Post by pedro »

you cant be watching the same games as me sunshine....even Paul Cullen commented on it in a recent article but he probably has blinkers on too!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

He did sign a 4 year deal so he'd probably be right in thinking so. Although Lewis said it wont happen again its a done signed deal so they cannot do anything about it....So maybe he does.
superleague

Post by superleague »

i cant think of a player that gets more head high tackles than dallas and i'm not being biased before pie eaters says anything. i agree with you pedro he must be watching different games.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

superleague posted:
i cant think of a player that gets more head high tackles than dallas and i'm not being biased before pie eaters says anything. i agree with you pedro he must be watching different games.
I'll have to agree. For all the fuss about Newton reshaping Long's face, Dallas had the same done on more than one occasion and had plates fitted in his face after one fracture (courtesy of Paul Newlove IIRC). Adrian Lam also used to regularly get taken out at kicks, and whilst it also happens to lots of other players at other clubs, Wigan have not generally (ignoring Newton) been guilty of adopting the same tactic. I've never been sure if that was a tactical thing with us trying to stick to the rules, or the fact that we don't have players fast enough or aware enough to pressurise the kickers...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Brett Dallas is one of a very select band of players brave enough to run straight for the gap at full pace. Hence, he does get hit higher more than most. You will find pie eater that most players actually step or even slow down to endure what Brett goes through. On the Pie Eater side of the artgument, Stuart fielden has suffered likewise and Rob Burrows seems to be getting hooked around the neck a lot these days.

Brett Dallas must be one of the toughest players in RL
willie c

Post by willie c »

i seems to me that more and more players have forgotten how to tackle round the legs
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra