Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Post by Firestarter »

Rugbys a hard game when ur playing against 14
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

its not the Ref we are making the errors and just given warrington a open door back into the game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote:its not the Ref we are making the errors and just given warrington a open door back into the game.
im not one for blaming refs...... i agree we made too many errors but both pro fouls were sin bins every day ov the week....... sam was involved in everything and made some very clever moves( off the ball) which made our sttack tic...... bateman was as awesome as ever.......
On a sour note why did we let burgess kick off and why has tommy gone back too that none creative, bad kicking scrum half( that i thought he had gone past).....it must be our tactics coz apart from sams link, our attack would have been pretty poor.....a step in the right direction but theres hell of a lot of worktoo be done as wire were very depleted......im seriously under the impression that the team are no longer playing for wane , but that's just my opinion
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

We are much better than that but to the casual observer (not me) - the least worst team won. We really should have won that by a couple of scores at least. Terrible discipline, not helped by some odd refereeing.
All the returnees did well, except for one, obviously, so let's just be relived that we got through and figure we'll be a much better unit by the semi-final.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

If I'd been offered that result this morning I'd have grabbed it with both hands. Players have returned hopefully unscathed and got a game under their belts.

Onwards and upwards.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Glad to win

The game consisted mainly of two teams trying their best to lose
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Job done......just!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

An amazingly bizarre game that we could have conspired to throw away yet our experienced team was resolute and found a way to win. Marshall epitomises 2017, moments of sheer brilliance matched with moments of brain farts. Sometimes, games like today are when your 'name is on the cup!'
jobo

Post by jobo »

Thought Smith summed it up quite fairly in his radio interview, both sides kept inviting each other back into the game.

At least we are through and we saw a 40/20 :roll:
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

pearsy wrote:I hope we do not have to rely on kicks or we are beat before we take the field.It has been a problem for a number of years everybody knows this on here the only people who can not see a the ones that count.It was always going to catch up with us
Never thought I'd be digging this post up again with a smug look.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS