Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:This weekend should make things a little clearer regarding the table i'd think,surely though 4th is,reaslistically the best the club can hope for,but who knows.
I'd kill for 4th.
After this season? You're not wrong
Here here!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Ratchford banned for one match how come he never got sin binned on sataday
Just another cock up by ref
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

pearsy wrote:Ratchford banned for one match how come he never got sin binned on sataday
if its foul play worthy of a ban, then surely its a red card offense? seems to be a standard thing with wire, the get someone banned the week after we play them, its normally Simms
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Lazy J wrote:
pearsy wrote:Ratchford banned for one match how come he never got sin binned on sataday
if its foul play worthy of a ban, then surely its a red card offense? seems to be a standard thing with wire, the get someone banned the week after we play them, its normally Simms
The trouble is that the powers that be changed the rules, at one time a deliberate trip was an automatic sending off. In my view the ruling should be reinstated. Rugby players do not expect to be tripped and therefore do not prepare themselves for such contact. i have seen some bad injuries to players who are running flat out and are tripped.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Lazy J wrote:
The trouble is that the powers that be changed the rules, at one time a deliberate trip was an automatic sending off. In my view the ruling should be reinstated. Rugby players do not expect to be tripped and therefore do not prepare themselves for such contact. i have seen some bad injuries to players who are running flat out and are tripped.
spot on
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Lazy J wrote:
Agreed wholeheardedly
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Even better
Smith said: "I think Stef was trying block Sam but I don't think he intentionally tripped him. It was the wrong thing to do but I think it was pretty innocuous.
In 11 years that was Stef's first time in front of the judiciary. I see some regular offenders go along for some pretty cynical stuff and pick up a week or two ban.

"I don't think it makes practical sense but it's for smarter people than me to look at and say whether it's a good system or not.

"It's unfortunate but we've got to serve it out and get on with it."
jobo

Post by jobo »

He should have done 10 minutes with that being the end of it.