Road to Old Trafford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldhooker

Re: Road to Old Trafford

Post by oldhooker »

It is no use harping on that we are the world champs an super league champs too.You are only as good as your last game, and we have drawn with Huddersfield, who lets face it have been a basement side for a long time.We are not good enough lets face it.Do we need to replace our coach or do we need to release some of our players whom are obviously not good enough.The injury crisis excuse is now wearing thin , we are out of the play offs and in my opinion not good enough to beat Hull or Cas at Wembley if of course we get there.We need to look at ourselves and the buck stops in my opinion with IL.He needs to realise that he must spend to improve us.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

oldhooker wrote:It is no use harping on that we are the world champs an super league champs too.You are only as good as your last game, and we have drawn with Huddersfield, who lets face it have been a basement side for a long time.We are not good enough lets face it.Do we need to replace our coach or do we need to release some of our players whom are obviously not good enough.The injury crisis excuse is now wearing thin , we are out of the play offs and in my opinion not good enough to beat Hull or Cas at Wembley if of course we get there.We need to look at ourselves and the buck stops in my opinion with IL.He needs to realise that he must spend to improve us.
arnt cas out the cup?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

A draw is better than I feared. And Sam played, which put me back in my box. Given how many players will still be finding their feet, a draw against an in form team is something of an improvement.
Plus, we kept them down to 19 points - which is Fort Knox defence compared with Leigh.
I am hoping and praying that at last the club will realise that they need to look to avoid falling any lower before they look up. Not much sign of that in Wane's expression of content with his team in his after match comments - do we need to have the worst record of all time before he admits all is not well?
I think we can beat Widnes if we take that game as seriously as any cup final - we simply have to put everything into getting the first win since April. None of this "teams above us dropping points" / "we know what we've got" / "just a few things to fix".
We are in a hole and only complete focus on digging ourselves out of it will work.

Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

So has the season gone for a Burton then?
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
superleague

Post by superleague »

The season as been gone for a while now, only a lot of cherry and white specs have been blinding/deluding people.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'd say the top four is too much of reach now,unless there's calamitous performances coming from all sundry ahead of Wigan I just can't see it.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We needed to win badly last nite.....davies at centre??? Tut tut....george for goal kicks...... marshall for drop outs......burgess kicking off...... and leuluai for drop goals.....we are a shambles at the moment...... bringing leuluai back as a half was a big boo boo imo
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We needed a half that controls a game then george can do his stuff......
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:We needed a half that controls a game then george can do his stuff......
Such as Matty Smith you mean?

His many detractors can bleat all they want but that lad could organise the side and win tight games for Wigan,but it doesn't matter as they simply won't listen or accept,it he was much better than they thought he was.

The worlds best? Of course not but a player who did a job,the shambles of this wretched season must surely lean towards proving the lads worth.

It won't of course as it's Matty Smith we are talking about.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wanted them both..... leuluai as a nine....... smiths infield kicking game was good but leuluas is shocking( and always has been)....... he doesn't know how too put a player through a gap...... he wudda been ok as a back up half.....smith isnt the best but would organise much better than tommy...... i thought against brisbane and salford that tommy had improved as a half but , maybe, hes gone back too his old ways...... then again can any half play too our present system consistently?