Fridays game v Giants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Fridays game v Giants

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

endoman wrote:Hoping my gamble to buy Wembley tickets early and cheap doesn't backfire. Was painful listening as usual tonight.
I think that you have invested wisely.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

jobo wrote:Matty Smith, that rubbish player who did the basics perfectly for us just won the game for the smellys.
He's crap Jobo, the Saints fans are panning him. A drop goal doesn't make him a good rugby league player.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hardly in the game first 30 mins. Last 10 were good and we scored 2 tries. Only 1 down at ht and I was ok with that and knew we had a chance in.
Attack not good at all and we had our full spine playing.
Bateman's try was the third time we'd tried that move and it finally worked. Marshall's 1st try looked very close to the line although the IG judge gave it immediately. His second took some scoring.
What an advantage having a flying winger, or two (Burgess)
Why Tommy went for the potential game winning drop goal I don't know.
George was wide out and Sam was almost level with the ptb. They should have been in better positions to take it as they are both far better kickers than TL.
Still 8th and we need to start climbing the table if this League season is to mean something.
Waney says Clubb and Gells back next week though no mention of TT.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Wiganer Ted wrote:Hardly in the game first 30 mins. Last 10 were good and we scored 2 tries. Only 1 down at ht and I was ok with that and knew we had a chance in.
Bateman's try was the third time we'd tried that move and it finally worked. Marshall's 1st try looked very close to the line although the IG judge gave it immediately. His second took some scoring.
George was wide out and Sam was almost level with the ptb. They should have been in better positions to take it as they are both far better kickers than TL.
Still 8th and we need to start climbing the table if this League season is to mean something.
I think that is a fair summary. We need to put this result into perspective though, Saints lost at Huddersfield last week and we had a tough assignment at Wire which took gas out of our tank.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I struggle to think what Tommy's added to the side since his return?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:Hardly in the game first 30 mins. Last 10 were good and we scored 2 tries. Only 1 down at ht and I was ok with that and knew we had a chance in.
I think that is a fair summary. We need to put this result into perspective though, Saints lost at Huddersfield last week and we had a tough assignment at Wire which took gas out of our tank.
Tough assignment at Wire?

This the same Wire team that can barely string two results together all season long,they really that tough?

I respect your opinion mate but honestly thats an excuse,if theyre so tired dont play them simple as that,the squad we were told has strength in depth doesnt it.
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

This the worst run for 114 years? Pretty sh.t record that for a Wigan coach to hold. WCC or no WCC. This run all down to injuries ?
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

I thought Sam Tomkins was going to save us and lead to Grand Final victory when he back from injury, was last night just a cunning plan to lure the other teams into thinking that we are finished for the season :eusa16:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

This the same Wire team that can barely string two results together all season long,they really that tough?

I respect your opinion mate but honestly thats an excuse,if theyre so tired dont play them simple as that,the squad we were told has strength in depth doesnt it.
you mean that wire who still look dangerous every match but drop the ball or knock on at the last minutes,
My Mrs is a Wire fan so watch a fair few games, their results do not represent the match, the closest i can think of from us is the Hull game (i think) where in the end we couold have won but the youngsters kept knocking on of making unforced errors.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: I think that is a fair summary. We need to put this result into perspective though, Saints lost at Huddersfield last week and we had a tough assignment at Wire which took gas out of our tank.

you mean that wire who still look dangerous every match but drop the ball or knock on at the last minutes,
My Mrs is a Wire fan so watch a fair few games, their results do not represent the match, the closest i can think of from us is the Hull game (i think) where in the end we couold have won but the youngsters kept knocking on of making unforced errors.
And that's my point,they're in the same boat as Wigan,clueless and sixes and sevens it was an even match last week everyone had to put up with the heat etc,so to revert to the "they're tired after a hard game" argument is a bit hollow really,Huddersfield had a hard game etc.

I won't have a go at the young uns,they did a Stirling job but it also proved that maybe the squad doesn't have the depth we think it has,it has loads of young lads but at time they were out of their depth,but my god they made a fist of it and should hold their heads high.