Vs catalan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Vs catalan

Post by jobo »

Smashing result this. Giving our top players more game time to rebuild confidence as their ability was never in doubt and come away with 2 points. Good weekend overall.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ill take the win but lets not forget they had two very influential players out......not happy with tommys effort though...... gels wasnt much better......on a plus note i think mm is getting there slowly and sam might stretch his legs soon........ ill judge them at the end of the season....... i still think we come fitter as the season goes on, or is it the other teams that lise fitness?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:Thank god for that, is our top 8 place now set in stone?
Two rounds left before the Super 8s. We're on 21pts and Warrington on 16pts. They can't catch us. They can only catch Huddersfield, but if we beat Warrington on Thursday, they're condemned to the middle 8s.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

It's good to see the rugby we used to enjoy. We've had such a wretched time with injuries, but those players who've come back still look like the real deal.

I've not given up on a top four spot by the season's end.
Keep the faith!
Stevethegas
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
jobo wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Couldnt understand either why in that heat they ran down the pitch either
There's no telling with Gelling. Worth a go imo. Had it come off that line between madness and genius would have become a little thinner.

All he needed to do was take the tackle though - that would of meant they couldn't of gone back for their try
Think SKY got that wrong.

WE had a similar situation against Hull last year. Where they looked like knocking and we scored but they got the try awarded and I recall it was mentioned by the ref on commentary (forgot his name) that if a tackle was completed or we scored a try the ref could take a look at it. Hope that makes sense.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Do you think Shaun will of used his bed pan after that 1 half showing?
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

yokozuna wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:Thank god for that, is our top 8 place now set in stone?
Two rounds left before the Super 8s. We're on 21pts and Warrington on 16pts. They can't catch us. They can only catch Huddersfield, but if we beat Warrington on Thursday, they're condemned to the middle 8s.
Superb, some real incentive to win that game then, my mate will go into hiding if Warrington finish outside top 8, it shall be pee taking time for rest of the season lol
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Why did ref not go too screen on the davies try/ no try? Too me it looked very close too a try
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote:Why did ref not go too screen on the davies try/ no try? Too me it looked very close too a try
Yes, it certainly seemed to be worth a look, very close.

Other than than, though, had no complaints about Hicks; I thought he had a decent game.

I don't know what people want; I thought it was a good win against a determined and better disciplined Catalans side. In the past, after going behind, they'd have lost it and started to give any silly penalties, but they stayed in the fight. Final score perhaps flatters Wigan a little, after Cats had the best of the first half, but all in all, a good win I thought,
jao711

Post by jao711 »

There's some Cheerful Charlies on here.Thought it was the team short of confidence.