Vs catalan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
captinjack

Re: Vs catalan

Post by captinjack »

Thought the lads won a hard fought in very hot conditions. IMO Gells was quite right to pick the ball and go down the pitch, If it had come off he would have been cheered for good play. But it didn't so that only plays into the hands of those who love nothing better than criticise him. But if make people on this forum happy why should I spoil their enjoyment. :roll:
ian b

Post by ian b »

it was going to be a nervy encounter for both sides as a lot was riding on the game and i think all the players did well personally
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Williams had a very decent game, and his place kicking has come on leaps and bounds.

FPN had a good game, as did quite a few others, without being overly spectacular.

The win was the important thing, but I think we also showed signs of some improvement. I think we need to show a lot more, and quickly.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

I thought it was a huge improvement on what we have seen previously this season. The game plan was obvious.....try to match them for the early parts of each half and then move the ball wider as both teams tired. Completion rate was high, kicking game was better, Defence was very good and we got the win! (Sounds like a team under Madge) took our chances and offloaded well (Wayne team) feeling optimistic ????............would love to see Sam vary it a bit more and back himself.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Leuluai was he playing and is it me or does Sutton drop the ball at least twice a game?
Williams is looking a decent goal kicker as well.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

A well earned win. Couldn't go this year but for anyone who hasn't been there yet,it is very hot and humid which drains your energy. The players managed the game brilliantly. The players coming back from injury in the last month are getting good game time. Sam started to show some sharpness and started running with the ball,Clubby got another game under his belt,FPN looked up for it,Budgie looked fitter,hell,even Hicks had a good game,let the game flow and tried not to give penalties. The only problem I had was in the first half when the sky audio was about 2 seconds ahead of the pictures.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Not seen anything of the game, I'm down in London for a long weekend but any win away at Les Cats is always a good one. Read the report on the BBC web site and it reads like both teams played in a sauna it was that hot.

Hope the fans who travelled to France are having a good night out tonight!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hicks is a fine referee,the best of the bunch in my opinion at the current time.

FPN does like this warmer weather thats for sure,he is finally looking like the player who should be lurking in that frame of his.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:Not seen anything of the game, I'm down in London for a long weekend but any win away at Les Cats is always a good one. Read the report on the BBC web site and it reads like both teams played in a sauna it was that hot.

Hope the fans who travelled to France are having a good night out tonight!
Thanks Dave we did and yes your right it was a sauna in the stands never mind on the pitch. That effort may have drained our tank. Wire on Thursday could be a very difficult game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Taking everything that's been said and in main one being they were under strength big time and also a few injured players playing it was shocking... We had no ideas at all how to build pressure, no ideas in the last 20 and just hoped something would come off and we had players who just did not perform. I have not seen a team in Super League who would get away with that simply jogging cross a defensive line hoping.
It just shows how under strength they were.

We were at full strength!!!!

Simply BORING RUGBY