Sam T

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Sam T

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There were a few moments in the Catalan game were the old Sam started to shine through.

Personally this time round more so than last time i actually think the old Sam is in there, i think the only thing stopping him from coming out properly is confidence. I think Sam is scared of getting injured again and i don't think he trusts his body like he used to.

That hopefully will disappear but for me i think this come back he looks in a lot better shape than the last comeback already
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Re: Sam T

Post by yokozuna »

He's certainly an asset to the team. Great to have him back, and there are signs of the old Sam.

Can definitely see his rugby brain at work.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'll say it again and i think the injury thing is playing a part,he's handing off a bit too easily,in the first 2 games he ran at people and people genuinly were frightened of him,he needs to continue to do that and not revert back.

But you have to give him (again till next season at least)to see the best of him,same thing with MM,all the science in the world cant account for form or your own headspace,it'll take time.

But god his try was awful :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He played on one leg today but he is integral to our success. He is the captain of the team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

He's been back 3 games and he's getting dissed for not being Superman :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:He's been back 3 games and he's getting dissed for not being Superman :lol:
Who is dissing the lad?

No one is but all i see is a sensible conversation about his return,which is far better than the dross he served up last year but also a little frustrating as you can,this time,see bits of the old Sam coming through.

I like many others are greedy and want to see more of it but the reality of it it'll be next season before he can,hopefully return to something like his old form,and if he can hell's teeth its a mouthwatering prospect.

But no player should ever get a pass,no matter who is,ts right and proper that players get discussed,the good and the bad of their performance.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:He's been back 3 games and he's getting dissed for not being Superman :lol:
How dare you how very dare you.

Reason he is not Superman is that he is not Pat Richards.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Its down to confidence, last night when things started to click for him he started to get back into the grove
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Sam is getting more match fit with each game he plays. He was a lot more relaxed last night,ran the ball back a few times and stretched his legs on a couple of occasions which will scare the hell out of opponents.the confidence is growing and provided he stays fit augers well for us. His rugby brain and organisational skills are the best in the club.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

The better Sam plays, the bigger threat he becomes, and the more space, time and opportunity the other players at Wigan get. Williams, Tommy, etc.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.