BORING

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: BORING

Post by DaveO »

jao711 wrote:Under Madge we had a big solid pack,great halfbacks(Finch was pure class),quality centres,and the two top scoring wingers in the league one of whom was a magnificent kicker.That's the team I remember,and it sure as hell wasn't boring.We are still scoring wingers tries in the corners, unfortunately it makes the kicks more difficult.What we didn't have was the the run of injuries and the consequent shuffling around of the team.You can't please everybody,and some you never will please.
Under Madge we had (for his first season) one player different, Deacon, than under Noble and we looked like a different team. Went from boring to sensational overnight. The attack particularly in the last 20m or 30m was a joy to watch with dummy runners and depth to it. We see none of this now whether we have injuries or not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

First thing madge did was take them too army camp and get them super fit
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote:First thing madge did was take them too army camp and get them super fit
The first thing Madge did was put them all on an equal pegging

everyone had to earn their place

Under noble there were rumours of players being let off training and the team sheet being a carbon copy regardless of performance. I dont think we are there yet but certainly Wane has his favourites
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Firestarter wrote:First thing madge did was take them too army camp and get them super fit
The first thing Madge did was put them all on an equal pegging

everyone had to earn their place

Under noble there were rumours of players being let off training and the team sheet being a carbon copy regardless of performance. I dont think we are there yet but certainly Wane has his favourites
fair enough but wanes team sheet is so obvious....
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Under noble there were rumours of players being let off training and the team sheet being a carbon copy regardless of performance. I dont think we are there yet but certainly Wane has his favourites
I am on the understanding some Wigan players were actually back sampling the Wigan nightlife Saturday night after the Catalans game. Must have used a private jet - but if anyone corroborates this then make your own mind up...............
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

butt monkey wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Under noble there were rumours of players being let off training and the team sheet being a carbon copy regardless of performance. I dont think we are there yet but certainly Wane has his favourites
I am on the understanding some Wigan players were actually back sampling the Wigan nightlife Saturday night after the Catalans game. Must have used a private jet - but if anyone corroborates this then make your own mind up...............
theres been a lot of rumours around this kinda topic
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Madge would make these players exciting in attack and the first thing he would do is to buy 2 genuine props not pumped up second rowers. Warrington made us play in our own half and our halfbacks cannot play going backwards mmmmm :conf:
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Madgeball is even more boring than Waneball, Monieball was the best
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

When Madge came to Wigan his attacking formation was sensational anything but boring
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

When Madge came to Wigan he brought Finch, Hoffman & Lima. Nuff said.