Wane to make call on letting more go on loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wane to make call on letting more go on loan

Post by Firestarter »

Personally i cant remember the last time joel broke a tackle, or hit a gap
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Firestarter wrote:Personally i cant remember the last time joel broke a tackle, or hit a gap
Pre Union?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote:Personally i cant remember the last time joel broke a tackle, or hit a gap
13 tackle busts and one clean break this season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
sorry but i dont bother with stats...... tackle bursts arnt exactly what they say
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wes wrote:I'd keep Joel and play him at prop.

Personally think he gets a lot of unwarranted stick.
He's not been as poor as he was last season. That about sums it up for me. Is it personal?! It's an opinion and one I feel the club has made a mistake in making.

Was "reasonably" happy to see him return, but from what he has served up on the field in the 3 years since his return, we would be better off cutting losses and giving more opportunity to a developing player or recruit from outside

I just don't see Joel as a prop though. Yet again another example of Wigan converting second rows into sub average props if they did attempt this. Poor discipline and work-rate would go against him making a fist of playing in that position
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Firestarter wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
sorry but i dont bother with stats...... tackle bursts arnt exactly what they say
So what is a tackle burst then?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: 13 tackle busts and one clean break this season.
So what is a tackle burst then?
i think its when a player falls off the tackle.....which happens regular.... either by missed tackles,defenders colliding or by an attacking player actually bursting through...... im no expert on this....... its like clean breaks...... a player can hit a gap due too bad defence, lack of defenders,great passes or by beating a man or two......my point is that i class a tackle burst as bursting through a man and hitting a gap......also on a clean break the attacker doesnt get enough credit for individually creating his own space for a clean break.....this, imo, is one of many reasons that stats dont tell the full story
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ive been watchingthe game 35 years so it was nice to have explained what a tackle burst is,becuase honestly i had no clue :conf: as you say stats are a;; very well and good,but rarely if ever tell the full story of a game,

Anyway Joel isnt a prop lets stop converting players eh it seldom works really and has been stated his,at times, appaling discipline really does make him a liabilty,one player for me that shouldnt have been resigned and the offer of a new contract,based on what im not sure,was mind blowing.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Morley and peacock started out as 2nd rowers I'm not sure if fielden and lynch did but plenty move over to prop when they slow down a bit.

The key to that transition is if you have the size and attitude to do so and I think Joel does.

Each to their own and all that but lets be honest there aren't many great props around at the moment especially unsettled young British props.

Taylor - we had him
Watts - settled
Walmsley - rumoured off to Cas
England - playing well but was below par at wire

So who do we go for?

We have Joel lets see how he does at least when all fit we have far and Bateman on for the full 80.
pedro

Post by pedro »

and you prefer Isa? He couldnt burst through a wet paper bag