Tonights Game v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Tonights Game v Leeds

Post by moto748 »

I don't think Sky do us any favours overall, they seldom miss a chance to talk up Leeds, and Saints, more than any other two sides. I think tonight was a bit tricky to call; we needed the win and we got it, and a clean sheet as well, but it was only a stumbling step forward after the last couple of weeks. We will still need to improve considerably to get past Salford, who increasingly seem to have put all their eggs in that basket.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

What is interesting is that some of the "experts" on here were watching the game on Sky.
Wigan played the game correctly. They wore Leeds down. With twenty minutes to go Leeds had used nine substitutions, Wigan had used six. When I left the ground it was only then that I realised how poor the conditions were, and think that had it been a dry night they would have racked up sixty points. What else it shows is how far our youth development is above any other team.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

On that viewing Wigans babies absolutely own Leeds's babies by a country mile.

Terrible game,Wigan one dimensional Leeds woeful,as a fan ive learnt nothing about the state of Wigan gameplans for the remainder of the season the players did just enough.

I got sick of Sky bleating on about Wigans injury crisis it was embarrassing to listen too,but it was genuinely a crisis,happy harry seemingly decided to rest the side ahead of next week not good enough really is thsts the case.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

A laboured two points.
Poor conditions but a bit shortsighted to say on a dry pitch we'd have put sixty past them because it's hypothetical.
What was noticeable was how quickly Williams dispensed his conversion kicks and the results clarify.
Don't know who got mom on sky but gilly was mine not Williams as at the game.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Gilly,rightly got skys man of the match,for m the most missed player of the season thanks to fat boy Ferres.
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Shall be picking up my £3 later, nice one boys, couple of Meat n Tattie Pies for me Monday 7am
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BOTH teams had their mind kn next weeks semi finals, and Leeds rested (injured?) Players as a result.
I'd take a big nil against Leeds in these circumstances when teams thoughts bound to be on the Salford game.
Basic rugby league was enough, simple, no risks and got the result.
Wane still mentions the 'D' as though it's all that matters.
Our attack against a strong team on form is still very poor, and unless wane can address this I think we will win little.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

We really needed a decent win for the confidence of the team and I thought the players looked pleased/relieved with an improved performance (against a very weak Leeds team). I think we'll be competitive in the semi and, given Salford's recent form, have an even chance of winning. If we can take advantage of the good draw for the semi we then have a couple more games to find our best form for the final which has to be our main focus now. I think it's too late to make the top four (needed the win last week) but we can be competitive in the final if we get there. Micky, Sam, Gilly and Gells are all improving week by week and if we get Faz back we should be O.K.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Comment of the season at half time......."wigan are winning 14-0 but all credit must go too these leeds youngsters"....... what happen too our credit, when we had loads out eddie?...... he is one biased barsteward ????
Sorry but sky made a massive deal of us having loads out when we did they gave our youngsters a lot of credit

We were really poor tonight the scoreboard tells half the story - Leeds were a lot more wounded than us when we were wounded with nearly their entire spine out

Again clueless in attack you can say 34-0 till you're blue in the face but against a normal strength team we'd have been lucky to score 12

There's a hell of a lot of work to do if we want to beat Salford

To me Wigan look just like they did under noble - lathergic and just not interested they aren't buzzing about they plod to every dead ball restart and just look completely uninterested
I agree the score did not highlight how poor we were again... clueless yet again... Just clunky with very little direction..I guarantee we will see the same against Salford we will struggle to score points... The only way we can win this game is if we defend well and manage to scrap a win... If Salford score 4 tries we will lose!

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

No straw damn us wrote:What is interesting is that some of the "experts" on here were watching the game on Sky.
Wigan played the game correctly. They wore Leeds down. With twenty minutes to go Leeds had used nine substitutions, Wigan had used six. When I left the ground it was only then that I realised how poor the conditions were, and think that had it been a dry night they would have racked up sixty points. What else it shows is how far our youth development is above any other team.
if like me you where at the match you must of seen that wigan where just taking the mick?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.