Tonights Game v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Tonights Game v Leeds

Post by morley pie eater »

No desire to get into a long debate, SS. I think there's enough moaning on here as it is. Overall I thought a reasonable performance given the conditions, and see no reason we shouldn't approach next week's semi with confidence.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

No problem. Thought we didn't play that well but improved as the match went on - probably a confidence thing.
The Super 8s - I've more hope than expectation but I'll gladly take anything we can get.
Thought SW looked to be suffering a bit from his op - hope he comes out OK.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:It was still poor, the boring predictable attack still present that will trouble non of the teams above us (when playing their first teams)
The defense only looked good as it was men vs boys, anyone who thinks where going to win any silverware needs to give their heads a wobble as your seriously deluding yourself
Maybe we are saving all our flair in attack for Salford! Let's hope so!! :lol:
I sometimes wonder if wane sets his side to play as they do so as to not show what cards he has in his hand for the next match.
Against Wire, a match that mattered for top 4 has again made me doubt wane does this.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

butt monkey wrote:
jao711 wrote: I would also like to put in a big rap for the much criticised Willie Isa.
Big Rap?

Isa played well, Not stupid enough to say he did not BUT in a dead rubber to our opponents AND with them having an odd player or two out. Don't you think he should have looked a better player than what he has served up this season?

Or are you of the opinion that that was Leeds' first choice pack?

The only thing that really amazed me and NO ONE has touched on this, was how good, despite the conditions, our handling was. Less pressure on us defensively - of course. Leeds dropped and also gave plenty of penalties - of course. How those facts changed the game is hypothetical but by possession alone Leeds gave themselves no chance
Big rap because on this board it's usually just the opposite as far as Willie is concerned.A good team player is Willie,never shirks the hard work and does it every week.Every team needs at least one of those players.It's not spectacular but necessary.As I posted last week you can't please everybody.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ISA's level was right at widnes, hes a decent squad player if you have no youngsters but apart from that he is bang average.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:ISA's level was right at widnes, hes a decent squad player if you have no youngsters but apart from that he is bang average.
I would pick Joel over him all day long!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:ISA's level was right at widnes, hes a decent squad player if you have no youngsters but apart from that he is bang average.
That's just silly talk right there
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Isa all day long over joel for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
I would too personally, i think Joel offers a lot more, trouble with Joel he does have a element of gelling in him in that when he has a bad game he is awful.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
I would too personally, i think Joel offers a lot more, trouble with Joel he does have a element of gelling in him in that when he has a bad game he is awful.
I agree with that but for me he is just a better player! I think our opponents would also prefer Isa being picked over Joel and that speaks volumes!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett