Referee for Semi Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: Referee for Semi Final

Post by adiddy »

Fortunately for us the James Child show finished at half time!!!!

Matt
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Is it me or are the instances of blaming the ref at games for poor decisions and then having to change your opinion having had the chance to watch it back getting far fewer? These days watching it back often leaves me as baffled as I was at the games. Surely the RFL must see it also?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Salford player tackled, ref calls 'held' then ball rolls free so he gives a penalty to Salford.
Wigan player tackled, ref calls 'held' then ball rolls out and he gives a 'knock on'.
No way can this turkey justify either of these instances effectively. He stopped play by calling 'held'. When are the RFL going to get shut of inefficient refs and give a couple of the younger officials a chance. With such a small pool of referees, being inconsistent isn't a handicap. More competition for top games would raise standards.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

On the plus side, Child must have surely blown whatever chance he had of Wembley or Old Trafford.

He was shit on a plate today!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Referee?? A joke.

Can't make a rational decision. Has to go to the video ref.
Another joke.

The way decisions are made on the field and the misuse of the vid ref must be changed for the good of the game otherwise spectators are going to be put off the game.

As soon as Josie said who was going to be the ref today my heart sank. My worst fears came true.
Wigan won................
markill

Post by markill »

The referee was not a joke. I can't think of any decisions that would be considered a joke to anyone neutral. I'm not saying there weren't mistakes made, or things missed (by our players more than theirs), but calling that performance a joke just confirms to me that some people don't want to give the referees any respect at all.

I take more exception yesterday with Thaler. Not because I particularly think his decisions were wrong as video ref, but because I feel that he video refs differently to the others and tries to actually be the ref on the calls he reviews rather than making a decision the way he should under the 'try/no try' system.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
BriH

Post by BriH »

Depends on how you define "joke" :D :D :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Respect has to be earned! Unfortunately these referees that are full time make far too many mistakes in my opinion, even when they have technology to help! If I did that in my job as often as they do but still have an arrogance and touch of invincibility surrounding me, my P45 would be shoved right where the sun never shines on me!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

markill wrote:The referee was not a joke. I can't think of any decisions that would be considered a joke to anyone neutral. I'm not saying there weren't mistakes made, or things missed (by our players more than theirs), but calling that performance a joke just confirms to me that some people don't want to give the referees any respect at all.

I take more exception yesterday with Thaler. Not because I particularly think his decisions were wrong as video ref, but because I feel that he video refs differently to the others and tries to actually be the ref on the calls he reviews rather than making a decision the way he should under the 'try/no try' system.
I too don't think Child was too bad, for me it was Thaler over ruling him (by his own admission) without sufficient evidence
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#