Rail travel to the final.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Steve-25

Re: Rail travel to the final.

Post by Steve-25 »

Although they do trains to Wembley Stadium, I can't see any where the times tie in. Best I'm seeing is leaving Wigan at 0930 to get to Wembley Central at 2.30pm, 4 changes. In a word, it's a right faff!
I'm going in a similar way, wigan to Brum , change stations , then onto Marylebone I've then got 5 mins to get across the station to get the train to the stadium .
markill

Post by markill »

jaws1 wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:Driving and parking at the Stadium just like last time

How much is it at the stadium these days ?
I drove down last time parked the car at High Wycombe after a pleasant journey down the M6 ,M5 and M40 .When you come off the motorway follow the signs for the station and its got a massive multi storey car park quite reasonably priced frequent trains into WEMBLEY STADIUM.I think the day return is £12.90 and you can get on any train.When you come out of Wembley the station its just like Cardiff all barriered off for trains 26 min journey and your on your way no traffic jams either way.
We've done high Wycombe a few times too
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

markill wrote:
jaws1 wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
I drove down last time parked the car at High Wycombe after a pleasant journey down the M6 ,M5 and M40 .When you come off the motorway follow the signs for the station and its got a massive multi storey car park quite reasonably priced frequent trains into WEMBLEY STADIUM.I think the day return is £12.90 and you can get on any train.When you come out of Wembley the station its just like Cardiff all barriered off for trains 26 min journey and your on your way no traffic jams either way.
We've done high Wycombe a few times too
Just a word of caution anyone using the m6/m5. There are major roadworks on this junction and it's even more of a ball ache than normal.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Parked at Stanmore Tube station on the Jubilee line a few times before.

You have to get there early if you want a space in the station car park but we nip down to the London Bridge/South bank area for a bit of pre-match sightseeing, food/drink then back up on the Jubilee line to Wembley.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

For once being long distance supporter's has worked in our favour . Friday night flights from Edinburgh to Gatwick and return Sunday.

11 in our party 7 to London flying from Edinburgh , 1 flying from Belfast all sorted .

2 from Stockport and 1 from Liverpool . God know's how they are getting there. Not very quickly that's for sure.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Anyone else on National Express from Wigan?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Bit of a faff but sorted train travel.

Man pic to Wembley, via Banbury & Marylebone.

Leave Man pic at 0730 and arrive at wembley for 1200.

Leave wembley at 1850 or Marylelebone at 1940 and arrive at man pic 2330.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

In the end I decided to avoid the Euston woes (hopefully) by travelling down Friday night and back on Monday. Which does simplify matters quite a bit.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Nezza Faz wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:Driving and parking at the Stadium just like last time

£30 for us on Yellow car car park
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Got a booking off "justpark" - £12.50, 10/12 minutes walk to stadium, or to Wembley Town centre for bars, restaurants, etc.