Rail travel to the final.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Rail travel to the final.

Post by NICKYKISS »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Anyone else on National Express from Wigan?
I had a look at it online but wasn't sure whether to book it as I've not heard of them doing that sort of service before.

Are you with them? What time does it leave?
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Park up at Watford Underground station. (not to be confused with Watford Junction railway station) £3 to park the car and if you've got a contactless card can use it like an Oyster card and will be £3.60 return in to Wembley Park Station. After the game all the people are going in the opposite direction into Central London so you can get away fairly quickly. Last time we went was for the NFL and we were back at Watford within half an hour of the game finishing.

If Watford Junction is easier to get to then the trains go into Wembley Central from there which is about 10 min walk from the stadium. Train is a bit more expensive and more expensive to park but just as easy to navigate.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

NICKYKISS wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Anyone else on National Express from Wigan?
I had a look at it online but wasn't sure whether to book it as I've not heard of them doing that sort of service before.

Are you with them? What time does it leave?
I found it on their website before the final its under the special events
http://www.nationalexpress.com/events/c ... final.aspx

its says it departs from wigan at 7am gets to wembley at 12pm
leaves wembley at 6pm and arrives at wigan at 11pm

cost £81 for 2 x adult
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure