Semi Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Semi Squad

Post by Panchitta Marra »

fozzieskem wrote:Just watched the Burgess try..he lost the ball Childs called all 3 referral right over tge non tries.

As for Budgie he doesnt look the same player that left for Aus
Burgess has lost yards of pace, even thought he looked much faster at the start of the season.
We brought him back for his speed and it's wasted if he can't achieve this.
warriorwilliams

Post by warriorwilliams »

Firestarter wrote:...his defence alone gets the team buzzing...
I'd agree with that, MM's aggression and enthusiasm in defence always seems to give us a lift.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I know Wane subs without thinking, but my point is that he and his team have looked far more closely at MM in games and in training in considering how much he can play. Maybe, just maybe, the big hits which are so popular come at the expense of being able to play longer minutes. If he paced himself better perhaps we could get more out of every one of the 5 props we could play which might well compensate.

This is nit picking though as Saturday's team (particularly with Faz back) can beat anyone:
morleypieeater

Post by morleypieeater »

Most comments seem to overlook the second part of question "Can he play 80 minutes and still maintain peak form towards the end of the season?"

I'm sure Wane's and his team's whole approach to the season is with this in mind. It seems the majority of critics don't even consider it, not just for Micky Mac but the whole squad.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Firestarter wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
moto748 wrote:
Steady on now! :lol:
I think he means replacement as in a 2nd choice out there that can play up to the standard of MM? Maybe I am wrong however!
yes coz i dont really rate MM that highly :doz:
Oi firestarter, I am MM's number 1 fan, nobody else!! :lol: :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I think he means replacement as in a 2nd choice out there that can play up to the standard of MM? Maybe I am wrong however!
how can you be a no 1 fan of a 40 min player?..... :doz: ... hopefully that will change come friday
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I think he means replacement as in a 2nd choice out there that can play up to the standard of MM? Maybe I am wrong however!
Only joint No1 TBW. :wink:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote:yes coz i dont really rate MM that highly :doz:
Only joint No1 TBW. :wink:
I will take that PM!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett