Re: Are the club not bothered about the Grand Final?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:
I cant remember the last time so few fans travelled to Leeds,i know the expense of the CC and all but the fact s few went is a testament to this terrible season.
I had a moment of panic last night; got to the Wheel to catch the coach to Leeds, later than I should have been, and there was not a soul around! Last (and only, I think) time I got a club coach to a game, there was a decent crowd of fans stood there waiting. Was just starting to worry that either I'd missed it, or the pick-up point had moved, when the coach turned up! And it was only two-thirds full. And after that, who will bother going to the remaining away games?

A bad omen for a disappointing night. One things for sure, I won't ever bother buying a seat at Leeds again; £27 for a rubbish seat right in the corner (about level with the dead-ball line!) with a pillar obscuring your view, didn't look like value to me.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

thegimble wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Give that one to gimble foz not me, check. I agree though with the comment.
will do mate,my editing skills are terrible :D
Mine are so bad at times I actually understood that compliment was to me.

Blame the forum or ref I do.
I took it as a compliment but had to hold my hand up! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

moto748 wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
I cant remember the last time so few fans travelled to Leeds,i know the expense of the CC and all but the fact s few went is a testament to this terrible season.
I had a moment of panic last night; got to the Wheel to catch the coach to Leeds, later than I should have been, and there was not a soul around! Last (and only, I think) time I got a club coach to a game, there was a decent crowd of fans stood there waiting. Was just starting to worry that either I'd missed it, or the pick-up point had moved, when the coach turned up! And it was only two-thirds full. And after that, who will bother going to the remaining away games?

A bad omen for a disappointing night. One things for sure, I won't ever bother buying a seat at Leeds again; £27 for a rubbish seat right in the corner (about level with the dead-ball line!) with a pillar obscuring your view, didn't look like value to me.
They play on a bomb site what do you expect? Some folk are never happy!?:wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

iL always wants to get to Wembley because the two finalists share whatever portion of the gate receipts goes to the club's.

In the playoffs the receipts from the GF have been shared by all the playoff contenders. With there now being only four, maybe that is now more lucrative but a trip to Wembley has always been good for the finances, win or lose.

That said I don't think there is anything to suggest we have been saving ourselves for Wembley. The form has not been good enough.

Have the club decided it's the only realistic chance of a trophy but only because it has admitted defeat on the GF? Probably, but it's not part of s master plan.

LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Judging by the Leeds game, no they are not.
Only two games to really worry about now is the cup-final and against Stains in an attempt to block their run to Old Trafford.

And for the loyal fans - well more of the same will do for the rest of the season thank you very much.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Josie's friend wrote:This whole season has been terrible (apart from WCC) the club and some fans seem to have pre-prepared excuse for every dull performance. Injuries an excuse, gaining fitness an excuse needing to play kids once again an excuse.
Every club goes through issues but take for example Micky Mac, goes off at 20 and back on at 60. If he isn't capable of doing a full 80 why did Sam get dropped, why are we carrying people and hindering the progress of people like Sam.
Lockers is my favourite player but Bateman should of took the 13 jersey two seasons ago, we can't learn to cope without Sean if he's in and out of the team.

Probably (almost definitely) gone off topic but is this Wigan RL or a boys club were mates have their own clique?
Because powell isnt a hooker and because Wane choose to not allow MM to play 80.

if it is a lads club surely Powell is the biggest example of this. the Lad tackles well but offers little from the hooking position.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Caboosegg wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:This whole season has been terrible (apart from WCC) the club and some fans seem to have pre-prepared excuse for every dull performance. Injuries an excuse, gaining fitness an excuse needing to play kids once again an excuse.
Every club goes through issues but take for example Micky Mac, goes off at 20 and back on at 60. If he isn't capable of doing a full 80 why did Sam get dropped, why are we carrying people and hindering the progress of people like Sam.
Lockers is my favourite player but Bateman should of took the 13 jersey two seasons ago, we can't learn to cope without Sean if he's in and out of the team.

Probably (almost definitely) gone off topic but is this Wigan RL or a boys club were mates have their own clique?
Because powell isnt a hooker and because Wane choose to not allow MM to play 80.

if it is a lads club surely Powell is the biggest example of this. the Lad tackles well but offers little from the hooking position.
IMO Sam is better than Micky now and offers a lot more, as for Micky you can see him blowing after 15 mins and looking to be pulled off. No idea what the real problem is with him but his contract extension seems a bit strange, they knew he had an issue but offered it anyway.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Josie's friend wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

IMO Sam is better than Micky now and offers a lot more, as for Micky you can see him blowing after 15 mins and looking to be pulled off. No idea what the real problem is with him but his contract extension seems a bit strange, they knew he had an issue but offered it anyway.
thats your opinion. just like my view is mine.

Powell has a slower play of the ball, doesnt pressure the opposition play makers and has nowhere near the agression in attack. however powell kicks better and shocklingly enough plays like a extra half (who would have thought Oo)

he still in my view isnt a patch on MM at hooker and he most recent example is he salford game. powell comes on and suddenly Carney and Dobson find they have room to play the ball and kick well. and within 2 minutes of micky mac coming off they score.

Powell puts in the Hard graft but he doesnt add anything. Micky Mac speeds up the attack adds aggrssion and pressures the oponents halves.

but Powell is Wanes love child so youll see Micky mac dropped before him
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wandering Warrior

You're not saying there's a Wigan boys clique are you?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:You're not saying there's a Wigan boys clique are you?
I think its pretty obvious that we have a jobs for the boys culture now. Its very hard not to in fairness, Wane has spent a lot of his life around these lads and will have invested a lot into them, many of whom he will have known from a young age.

Personally i think we are back to how we were under noble we need a fresh face someone who can really go in there and shake things up and make everyone work for their places.

The fact that Wane publicly said before Sam regained his form when comparing to Escare "Sam has a lot of credits in the bank" suggests how wane thinks. I think Wane is a loyal man and i think if you fall in line with him you'll be looked after
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure