Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dave-C

Re: Get.Rid.Of.Wane

Post by Dave-C »

Wes wrote:Take the coach argument away from the equation for a moment, we have won 10 lost 11 so far this season in the league, do people think that's good enough?
Sounds even worse when you say we've won 10 out of 24 games
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Last weekend at leeds did my head in....... bateman was clearly struggling too keep up with the game( albeit due too all his hard graft).... he should have got a well earned breather imo...... but our subs are so robotic that we cant change from plan A......faz was also struggling....... sometimes change is good
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dave-C wrote:I can't see Wigan getting into the top 4 this year. Even if they did it wouldn't excuse this and last years dreadful league performances.

I want to be able to see a Wigan team, and enjoy to see, every week. That can't be said at the minute.

Going back to people on here saying "well if you think you can do any better." Well actually, yes, I could. If I see the same players making awful mistakes:

Gelling - I would drop him now, especially that Manfredi is back. He is a complete liability, nothing else. Yet Wane plays him every single week. My point here is that it is blatantly obvious to all how bad Gelling is and playing anyone else, quite frankly in this position will be better.

Wane - Same old method of attack, playing people out of position, same excuses every week. The fact is we all see this yet nothing changes.

Leuluai - Crap kicking all year, no stand out plays this year.

Joel Tomkins - Nothing exceptional this year.

Its a pretty simple equation, we can all see the same bad points about this team = bad team performance. Change these points = better performance. How could it be worse.

I must've said for the last 4 years since Richards left, we need a kicker, we need a kicker, we need a kicker, we need a kicker (one for every year...). Are you seriously telling me that in 4 years we STILL cannot find a decent goal kicker. That is a huge management failure and cannot be anything else. I could train myself in that time and be a better goal kicker than anyone on that current team.
Why have you got 2 usernames DaveO?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I seem to remember we had a tactic of "the move" which worked well but people had a go at wane.
It seems to me our attack has been less effective since we got rid of "the move" and we now have no tactics apparently.
According to stats earlier we won more in 2012 but we didn't get to any finals after playing hard every game we ran out of juice. SW learnt from that and we won a double in 2013. Basically SW plays the system. This year though we've struggled mainly due to injuries, people can't ignore them just to blast the coach.
Radford at Hull learnt that last year.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dave-C wrote:None of the Aussie teams showed up this year in the WCC. They were all poor.

The WCC imo wasn't a show for any English team this year. The win for us, and for Warrington had diminished meaning for this reason. The WCC is simply misplaced in the calender and should be at the end of the season, not mid pre-season.

I will put money on the fact that if Wane is still in charge next year we will only go from bad to worse. Not looking to start a witch hunt.

Winning trophies is no excuse for the horrendous SL form. Its almost like saying Wigan couldn't care less about the SL trophy and weekly games (and the paying fans) and just want to win the CC.

I think more of this has lead to, and from, the sheer disappointment of the fans, and how they have been treated by the club on a week by week basis.
we were poor also and still won so we cant be that bad
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Must admit, I was bored rigid at last night's game. Stuck it out to the end hoping to hear the Doris Day song which they never played!

That said, I'll take a boring win over a nail biting defeat every time.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but since taking over, isn't SW the most successful coach in Super League?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Kittwazzer wrote:Must admit, I was bored rigid at last night's game. Stuck it out to the end hoping to hear the Doris Day song which they never played!

Now correct me if I'm wrong but since taking over, isn't SW the most successful coach in Super League?
that isnt the point people dont want tropheys they would rather us Win nothing but play entertaining rugby... until that is we do that then they would complain we are not winning anything.

last night was boring though but we look knackard.
however and i very rarely say this but there was some bad coaching on display last night.. our game plan at no point seemed to put pressure on Sid the Slough which i didnt get because brough cracks under preasure
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Must admit, I was bored rigid at last night's game. Stuck it out to the end hoping to hear the Doris Day song which they never played!

that isnt the point people dont want tropheys they would rather us Win nothing but play entertaining rugby... until that is we do that then they would complain we are not winning anything.

however and i very rarely say this but there was some bad coaching on display last night.. our game plan at no point seemed to put pressure on Sid the Slough which i didnt get because brough cracks under preasure
Why do you and other persist on saying the same inaccurate statement over and over again

Not one person on this board has ever said they would prefer Wigan to play entertaining and lose - not a single poster has ever said that. Some have give ultimatums to the Ines disgruntled with the performances like playing entertaining rugby and winning trophies are some how mutually exclusive things that cannot exist together

People are moaning about the state of play yes because rugby is something spectators go to enjoy. I want to see entertaining rugby and I want Wigan to win trophies. I do not want to see boring rugby and if boring rugby achieves a trophy I have never said I don't want the trophy or I'd rather we lose but simply I would rather be entertained on the way to that trophy

Wonder what people who use cas as example will say if they win the gf this year having played brilliant rugby to watch all year and go home with the trophy?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

What are tropheys?
:lol:
I yam well awear itsnot a spelling kon test but weave one proper pot in three yers!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

Why do you and other persist on saying the same inaccurate statement over and over again

Not one person on this board has ever said they would prefer Wigan to play entertaining and lose - not a single poster has ever said that. Some have give ultimatums to the Ines disgruntled with the performances like playing entertaining rugby and winning trophies are some how mutually exclusive things that cannot exist together

People are moaning about the state of play yes because rugby is something spectators go to enjoy. I want to see entertaining rugby and I want Wigan to win trophies. I do not want to see boring rugby and if boring rugby achieves a trophy I have never said I don't want the trophy or I'd rather we lose but simply I would rather be entertained on the way to that trophy

Wonder what people who use cas as example will say if they win the gf this year having played brilliant rugby to watch all year and go home with the trophy?

well issue here is this is the first time i've said anything of this sort, but cannot the same be said about everyone who calls anyone who isn't being negative a happy clapper who is ignoring the "massive" issues

on this site there is alot of complaints about players like gelling (and granted this has been a bad season for him) but last year he was untouchable at times and was playing alot of this exciting rugby we apparently never see,

a few Wigan fans seem to need to be negative about the club or players.. doesn't seem to matter what happens.

we had Smith being the escape goat for years, didn't matter how many games he won us (and it was a few) because he didn't attack the line like Williams and as he wasn't a natural goal kicker he was rubbish. then he goes saints.. playing well. we replace him with TL who is an attacking Half instead of a organiser and is that going well?

am i Fully happy with how we play at the moment .... No, is it as boring as everyone is claiming Hell No.... we lost the game (due to appauling defence) but how can the Length of the pitch Davis try be considered boring... how many Williams kicks collected by Budgie do we see. yes we are use to it we expect it but it isn't boring.

people seem to want more Simple Easy Boring tries from wigan that take alot less skill/effort that what we do. (me included)

what we haven't had is alot of change in style and i agree it can look stale but like it or not the Wigan style of rugby, the Structured defense the set plays with very little free styling (like warrington and cas do) has been a recipe for Trophey success and it's very unlikely that it will change until we don't win anything because of it.

if Castleford win fair play to them they deserve it, but they haven't yet and havent won anything for a few years while they have been playing exciting rugby under powell for a while.

does 1 season make up for all the years of failure though.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.