Under 19s

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Under 19s

Post by josie andrews »

Latics are at home on the 2nd September & away on the 9th. Then their next home game is on the 12th, so I cannot see any reason why we can't play the U19's final at the DW on Sunday 3rd September!

We move enough first team games to suit them, yet they don't respond in kind when it comes to the rugby!!!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:We move enough first team games to suit them, yet they don't respond in kind when it comes to the rugby!!!
It might not only be a case of availability. Cost, stewarding etc may also be factors. Hopefully though it can be at the DW. The Cas game solution seems by far the most sensible one.

Wherever and whenever it is played though I'd back our kids to get the win. Great season for them yet again and it feels like they've been using quite a lot of 17/18 y/olds this year too.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
5miler

Post by 5miler »

josie andrews wrote:
5miler wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I hope it isn't at Castleford! :angry:

I was told today that the RFL want this final played as soon as possible so it won't interfere with the Super 8's or the qualifiers!!

It is pencilled in for Sunday 3rd September.

Why is can't be played as a curtain raiser before the Castleford game on Sunday 17th September is beyond me!

Surely we should have home advantage with finishing top of the league?
Why would it interfere with the Super 8's? Cas have qualified already and the Wigan U19's got top spot even though they were heavily disrupted throughout the season with first team call ups and England call ups. Weak excuses.
That's just what I was told ????
Not blaming you Josie. Just whoever came up with that excuse.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

On Cas forums,don't know if it's a wind up,Wigan suggested the same day as Cas game in super 8s,rejected by Cas as their U19's have booked their holidays and won't be available,also RFL have supposedly rejected Orrell as a venue as it's a Rugby Union ground. If this is all true it beggars belief.
doc

Post by doc »

Can't play at Orrell as it doesn't have all the bells and whistles for corporate hospitality for the RFL top brass and match sponsors. That's why we have never played the final there in the past.
markill

Post by markill »

I thought it has long been a stipulation that the game is played at a first grade ground, so that rules out training/reserves grounds. I had just assumed it was to ensure some sense of occasion, which is no bad thing for the young lads.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
pedro

Post by pedro »

markill wrote:I thought it has long been a stipulation that the game is played at a first grade ground, so that rules out training/reserves grounds. I had just assumed it was to ensure some sense of occasion, which is no bad thing for the young lads.
rules out most of yorkshire then
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Been announced that Wigan will play Castleford at the DW Stadium Sunday 3rd September kick off 2pm :D
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Green Machine wrote:Been announced that Wigan will play Castleford at the DW Stadium Sunday 3rd September kick off 2pm :D
Good stuff our boys have earned a 'home' final. Sad though that I will not be able to make it after watching most of their home games this season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Green Machine wrote:Been announced that Wigan will play Castleford at the DW Stadium Sunday 3rd September kick off 2pm :D
Boom, now just need to get the old man to drive, would be a shame not to make a session of it :-)