CC Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: CC Final

Post by Caboosegg »

well that was interesting.

feel for marshall he wasnt ready for that type of game and it showed.

Bentham though.... i have nit enjoyed a single game he reffed this season. that had all the makings for a brilliant match. the first half was certainly that but hull who didnt need Benthams help to be in the game got it.

we looks shell shocked in that second half after hull got repeated sets and only came back into it when lockers came on again.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

butt monkey wrote:Tommy was very poor today. Did he ever take the defence on? All his kicks were predictably poor and put neither of the Hull wingers under pressure making them dive for a ball, 7 tackles almost every time was just a really good example of how poor our last tackle options were and how little
we built at any point in the game
But you cant blame Just Tommy can we? We are playing a world class Hooker for N.Z. at scrum half and it hasn't worked all season! Who's faults that?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Better team won smeyd is class and wigan had no answer to it

Sums the season up really
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I'm afraid I'll go with that jaws but I got told how can you sack a coach that wins trophies?
He said he's happy with the squad and from where I"m sat we are playing catch up already for next year if we go with what we've got.
We might be winning trophies but were the most predictable ,boring team that has ever played for Wigan .
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I'm afraid I'll go with that jaws but I got told how can you sack a coach that wins trophies?
He said he's happy with the squad and from where I"m sat we are playing catch up already for next year if we go with what we've got.

Colin Clarke and Alan McInnes won the CC in 1985 but was replaced by Graham Lowe the was replaced by John Monie the most successful time in Wigans history
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

jaws1 wrote:
We might be winning trophies but were the most predictable ,boring team that has ever played for Wigan .
But my point is we are not winning trophies are we? When we get all our players back we'll beat any team. Yeh right!
One observation I've made this year is perhaps it was rather foolish to get rid of Smith.
Still Lulu is a member of the old boys club and married to a Wigan lass so he'll do?
It will be much of the same next year I'm afraid but we wo'nt have to witness Sneyd take us apart again!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Well we won the WCC is seem to remember so we can't have been that bad.

Today was one of those. A few bad calls from the ref (on both sides) but it cost us 3 repeat sets. Marshy had 2 shockers in defence with the 40:20 and the try and Williams was kept quiet, and need I mention kicking.

Fine things added up.

Let's be honest, we were beaten by Sneyd but we were still better (not great still) than we have been recently.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Ok I'll bite........ I don't think we should get rid of Wane!!! Sure he is obviously struggling to run the side so what he needs is for IFL to scour rugby league for an attack oriented assistant coach!! Wane has proved that he knows how to motivate the players, and how to defend. what he is lacking are decent attacking structures, which a decent attack coach would bring!!! Do this and we'll have the plan B that we all want.........oh and most definitely a goal kicker!!!!

Matt
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote:In 4 sets of 6 not one prop drove the ball in the backs were doing all the work Bateman ran himself to water, no good having good backs if your props are no good. Nuasala should go home and Tommy upstairs. And for fuc---s sake buy a goal kicker & a good coach. Its like Man United going 4 years without a goal scorer are the management blind.
Spot on yes sadly they are a good goal kicker is paramount as for coach that will get sorted end of season then a player clear out will start
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Hope you're right, we're beginning to smell like stagnant water I'm afraid.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield