CC Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao 711

Re: CC Final

Post by jao 711 »

Watching the replay shows so many things you miss at the match.When G W went for the line 3 mins from time,he took a real swinger to the head followed by a very late flop from Watts Two good reasons for a penalty but both ignored.
BriH

Post by BriH »

ian.birchall wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:Lack of a kicker let us down again. James Childs needs to retire, shocking desicion.
Not retired, he should be sacked. Even Lee Radford thought it was a good try!
Child is incompetent and should be sacked agreed.

I watched the game yesterday - weekend in Düsseldorf but listened to Wish FM.
All 5 pundits on BBC said it was a try. These are respected ex-players and/or coaches. Are they all wrong.
I'm getting to stage that if he is refereeing I don't think I'll watch the game.
Mind you, the man in the middle had some shocking calls.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Watched the game yesterday.

We were outkicked, outmuscled, made daft mistakes, poor ref(s) but..........we didn't get blown away! We kept trying right to end, against overwhelming odds, and I was very proud of the effort at the end - particulary young Marshall - who could have disintegrated.
So come on Lads and hammer the Saints (and all the rest!!)

"Always the optimist"!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

although the result is the result i still have the feeling of being robbed.

Hull where the better team for the majority of the game, and Bentham allowed them to be, but this is the second time this year that the Video Ref has effected the outcome of one of our games with the Wrong call.

would we have won... who knows.. did we deserve to... maybe not, but we didn't stop trying our defence kept us in the game but the ref did his best to not let us get a foot in the second half.

i saw the final as a real game of to halves.

the first half was a intense fast paced game from both side i was entertained, annoyed by what seemed call that went against us but was happy to go with it was my cherry tinted glassed. going in at half time, the score line felt right, to teams to style both putting on a display.

... then the second half, no matter what else happened, Bentham decided that half, got multiple calls wrong, video ref apparently made rules up. Wigan where not allowed a foot into the game by Bentham and as usual (with most bentham games) it became ill tempered,

it has been a while thought since i have had heart palpitations watching our final play of the game decide if we will Win or Lose (use to be a Charley special)

All that matter is Hull Won, i doubt the club will raise issue about Childs and Bentham, as it will look like sour grapes. but i'm not as upset with the loss as i could be as no matter how boring or predictable our play is... i just feel robbed by the ref :lol:

on the amusing front though, people moaned about smith because he didn't take on the line much and his goal kicking (which he wasn't a natural goal kicker)

we know have TL who is the opposite of Smith - doesn't organise well, ingame kicks are poor but takes on the line and defends hard...

just can't keep us wigan fans happy :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Firestarter wrote:As soon as ft hooter went off our fans fooked off.... shower off sh--- te..... call ur self fans w////rs the lot ov ya in my stand...... disgracefull.... bad ref or not...,. Pi//ed off is not the word
not all the fans did some of us stayed
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

OAMJSON wrote:
Firestarter wrote:As soon as ft hooter went off our fans fooked off.... shower off sh--- te..... call ur self fans w////rs the lot ov ya in my stand...... disgracefull.... bad ref or not...,. Pi//ed off is not the word
We stayed behind too.

Although a lot who came on coaches were told to be back on their respective coaches as soon after the final whistle as they could.

Don't know why though, cos nothing was moving off our car park for well over an hour, 90 minutes!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Took my grand-daughter to Wembley for her first ever Rugby League game. Her Comments;
Why don't Wigan have a kicker as good as Hull. I thought Wigan were supposed to be the best?
Why don't the Wigan players run at Hull in the same way Hull run at Wigan?
Why are they walking back so slowly when the Hull players are running back?
Why is that player at the back not getting involved very much?
Why is there no-one back to collect the long kicks from Hull?
Why did the referee not give a free kick or a try when the Wigan player had the ball deliberately knocked out of his hand. He gave free kicks to Hull.

From the mouths of the young!!!

I get home and start to watch the recording and here is Wane saying 'We are here to Win and I don't care how we do it'
Well I care, and so do most Wigan supporters. And for gods sake we now speak about trips to Aus, games in London when in old fashioned language 'we can't even knock the skin off a b****y rice puddin'

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:
We stayed behind too.

Although a lot who came on coaches were told to be back on their respective coaches as soon after the final whistle as they could.

Don't know why though, cos nothing was moving off our car park for well over an hour, 90 minutes!
a lot of fans behind me stayed slightly longer too fight( if thats what you call it) between thereselves......we were high up and most around us did go way too early......i did speak my mind at the time also
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

My opinion of the Final beforehand was coloured by my practice of not watching Wigan RL play away if Bentham or Child are refereeing.

When I saw them listed as match ref and VR my initial thoughts were that however hard our lads play they would not succeed. They nearly did but were denied by the Child's decision to deny Tony Clubb a try which would have been converted.

For me as an older fan and as used to refs as I am through the decades I'm pretty sure I have them well clocked as to their MO. Bentham had us 10-0 down on the pen count at Hull. However we played at Hull we were never going to win against a pen count like that. We actually scored as many tries as them which was remarkable. Bentham was never held to account for denying Wigan the chance to compete fairly.

Child did the same to Wakefield at Leeds. 7-0 down on the pen count after 60 mins which gave Leeds the game on a plate. He then gave 7 pens to Wakey in the last 20 mins to even up the pen count, as they do, but that was never going to change the result. Again never held to account.