Is Super League Rigged?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Is Super League Rigged?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Fawdoffshed wrote:Of course I'm biased, but does anyone else get the feeling nobody in the higher echelons of the RL actually wants Wigan to win anything?
I love the "everybody hates us" mind set, it borders on paranoia.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:Of course I'm biased, but does anyone else get the feeling nobody in the higher echelons of the RL actually wants Wigan to win anything?
I love the "everybody hates us" mind set, it borders on paranoia.
Quite!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Do other teams get as many game changing or result changing decisions go against them like we do?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I wasn't referring particularly to your comment but the general mindset that some display. It's a bit of a motiveless chip on the shoulder thing! "We are the mighty Wigan and everybody hates us."
True, plenty do hate us, I know from experience, but not mighty!! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: I love the "everybody hates us" mind set, it borders on paranoia.
Quite!
WW mentioned hate, not me. :D
Honestly I felt the 2 posts summed the paranoia thing up perfectly.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We haven't been Mighty since 95 :exc:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I know I'm on my own on this but I actually think the video ref got the Clubb decision right.

On the day and on the way home I was 100% it was a try but after watching again and again decided against.

Both Hull players have their hands on the ball, this is allowed as they are trying to stop him grounding it. If they was in the field of play, the ref would have shouted held and Clubb would have been released to play the ball.

However Clubb tried to roll over and ground the ball and this is what made the ball come out. I don't think either player pulled at it and this is how Child's saw it. Also Bentham had given No try so he had to over rule his decision. I could only be 50/50 so would go no try.

I know even Radford said it was a try, and all the Hull fans after the game did, but that's easy when you've won and cup is in your hands.

Now the semi final video decision from Thaler was totally wrong. He couldn't over rule, but then did. I seriously think he was told to by Sky to keep Salford in it and that's why its rigged in some ways.

LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Some good comments on this post. But let's face it if we had been good enough to win would we be discussing this.

What I have been unable to understand for a while is the role of the touch judge. I have never seen a touch judge flag for a forward pass, or indeed keep up with play, so what do they do?? Any idiot can flag when the ball goes in to touch or a player puts a foot out.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

touch judges are wired and will talk to the ref via radio, the flag is waved to draw attention to where a ball went out and how, or foul play.

The forward pass etc is signaled by them stopping in the field of play. when a try is "scored " and they have no issues they go and stand on the base line, if hey have seen an infringement they stay on the touch line where the infringement occurred

hope that helps
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Must admit, I thought the same thing when I saw the TV replay.