Joel Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by butt monkey »

morley pie eater wrote: Like many, I think Joel is worth his place, though he may not have done his reputation any favours by playing with injuries at times. But if he is the latest whipping boy, I guess it gives Sam T, Sam P, MM, FPN, Williams, Gelling etc a break.

Just think, if only we'd kept wonder-kid Ryan Hampshire . . .
No idea why you mention Hampshire

However, you are perfectly correct if you are saying Powell, Tierney, Isa, Joel and TL should have gone the same way as Hampshire.

Players deserve criticism when they don't perform. Assuming you work, what would your boss say if you are under-performing or not working to your ability?

Joel has been a player I have noticed not pulling his weight for some time now. Excuses (and their have been plenty of them) have been given over the years since we re-signed him. Can you, or anyone else honestly say he has ever hit those heights from his original time at the club? Not talking about a clutch of games, give me more than one were he has simply been outstanding in, best forward on the pitch?

I personally think YOU are a troll - have stated so on another thread. Strange how you never replied? Maybe your enjoyment at Wigan's demise is exactly what you enjoy seeing and with Wane remaining in the head coach position it is exactly what you want?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

First Try Tickle wrote:If Joel had been playing on Saturday in that heat he would have been blowing out of his backside within 10 mins.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

It was bloody hot there wasn't it?

All these armchair fans saying "pick him" have no idea how dilapidating the heat was
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

butt monkey wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:If Joel had been playing on Saturday in that heat he would have been blowing out of his backside within 10 mins.

All these armchair fans saying "pick him" have no idea how dilapidating the heat was
It was and Hull's much bigger forwards coped well, much better than our lightweight pack.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

butt monkey wrote:

Fairly cool where I was but the nice seat,cup holder,masses of leg room and being able to listen to Andy Gregory's views on the game made it a very nice afternoon.

Club Wembley is superb that's for sure
SJ

Post by SJ »

butt monkey wrote:In the words of Victor Meldrew. "I don't believe it"

Placing the absence of Joel and the possible reason for us losing at Wembley

That is so simplistic it deserves ridicule. Ignores every other issue the team has. Maybe we should say it was the lack of Manfredi that cost us the game?

Joel would never be anywhere near my bench, those that look back and claim his form was this or that, have either forgotten what he did prior to his union stint or are clutching at straws that he must be better than what we currently have

That's right BM give em both barrels or appease them by getting rid of Joel and recruiting an even bigger.

niggler. You know it makes sense. :lol: :angry:
Wes

Post by Wes »

butt monkey wrote:
Wes wrote:we missed his size and niggle at Wembley.
Now

1. If you "missed" him at Wembley. What exactly did you think he would do more than what the other players did?

2. If it was just "niggle" and be "bigger" how do you not suggest that would not simply have (a) Offered Hull more ball due to his niggle usually ending up being penalized, (b) His size has seen him lose his mobility, the try he scored at Wembley years ago he could never repeat, so his lack of mobility in that heat could/would have seen the team ship more points than we did

3. For those saying the connection between us losing and Joel should have been picked is "lost" on them. Well if the o.p. (and the others) cannot see the remark and then ask themselves - why say we "missed" a player and then NOT claim they are not saying it had anything to do with the final result? What does adding a player who "niggles" and has "size" change what happened for the better? It was the tactics we got badly wrong. Did we not give Hull enough penalties and offer poor mobility with the ball in hand or did you want more?

As for you Wes. Grow up! Why post on any forum if you are scared of coming across someone who doesn't share your views? Josie can close this site down anytime she wants to, but for me, those with their blind ignorance and refusal to see what actually goes on in front of their own eyes makes me tremble with fear for the future if you are "happy" and "content" with what you see
Hulls forwards are considerably bigger than ours, their size did not hinder them in the blistering heat, they won! Apparently you being a super fan was their so surely you should know this, seeing what is in front of you and all!

Joel is a big game player offering size, offload ability and aggression to name but a few qualities that is my opinion. In my opinion we missed him at Wembley, the result may have been the same it may not who knows but that's the beauty of debate and forums.

I post on forums to broaden my views and knowledge and debate with some great people HOWEVER I do this as a grown up I don't post to ridicule anybody or their views no matter how much they differ! If you can't agree with that then it is you who needs to grow up.

Surely if I was happy or content I wouldn't be commenting on something that went wrong?!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Good post. Sure everyone has an opinion you have yours I have mine BM has his.
Opinions are intuitive and subjective and for that reason to squabble over them is pointless. That said keep giving your opinion as you say that's what the forum is for :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If only Joel had played last night, Saints might have won
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:If only Joel had played last night, Saints might have won
Like Hull at Wembley, oh wait!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:If only Joel had played last night, Saints might have won
Like Hull at Wembley, oh wait!!
HaHaHaHaHaHa that's the 2nd good one you've come out with this morning