Tonights Derby Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Tonights Derby Match

Post by Southern Softy »

Decent win, although we wobbled near the end and derbies are rarely clear cut but happy the team is back on course. SW needs to have a strong word with Isa and tell him to stop being a pillock.

Re the new apparent SL rules. It seems that we can all understand how video ref tried are now treated. On-field Ref gives soft signal 'no try' (Clubb) everything is done to prove the ref correct.
On-field Ref gives 'Try' (Barba) everything is done to prove the ref correct.
So now we can relax and know that even if there's no logic and it's relative madness, the skill of the on-field Ref can be assured.
Er............... except in the Leeds/Hull match, Child gave a soft signal 'No Try' and the evidence showed instantly that a Hull player had knocked the ball back so Child was overruled and a try given. Consistency eh? It's overrated

This sort of rubbish will kill RL if the authorities aren't careful. When lunatic decisions like the above are allowed to stand, then supporters will begin to walk away or become so cynical that the game will struggle.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

MarkD wrote:I'm not a frequent poster but thought I'd add a couple of words to last night's game thread.

We all know we wished for a better season, better rugby and that's been debated often enough elsewhere. I also know one match does not paper over the cracks but...

As a fan of any sport, if you can't enjoy a victory like that (biggest rivals, away, after the emotionally draining performance at Wembley, sick players, the hype of Barba, dubious try given), then ask yourself why you watch. For the 80 minutes plus that was what supporting Wigan was about, pride, effort, speed, tackling and ultimately winning. The rest is just noise.

Well done all involved. - you've set the standard now, we expect you to keep it there.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
BriH

Post by BriH »

fozzieskem wrote:Love derby's like that one,not just the result but a full blooded game of rugby that was great to watch.
Me too!

Listened on Wish Fm, watched the match on tele.

Chris Price was also astonished with the 'Try'! and he was sharing with Joe Mills on behalf the Saints.
He also was full of praise for Lockers, and wondered what we will do without him. Good question.
He - Chris - was highly crtical of Matty Smith and thought that Saints were going backwards.
He was the Saints man :)
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

For me that was Sam's best game since his comeback - good to see!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have long thought that we have the best team in the league when everyone is fit and firing. I worry about Hull, but if we take advantage of the cup hangover (which I am told affects teams worse in the second game than the first), then finishing above them would be ideal. While Cas have played great so far, we are very well placed for autumn rugby whereas it is uncharted territory for them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MarkD wrote:I'm not a frequent poster but thought I'd add a couple of words to last night's game thread.

We all know we wished for a better season, better rugby and that's been debated often enough elsewhere. I also know one match does not paper over the cracks but...

As a fan of any sport, if you can't enjoy a victory like that (biggest rivals, away, after the emotionally draining performance at Wembley, sick players, the hype of Barba, dubious try given), then ask yourself why you watch. For the 80 minutes plus that was what supporting Wigan was about, pride, effort, speed, tackling and ultimately winning. The rest is just noise.

Well done all involved. - you've set the standard now, we expect you to keep it there.
Good post. Especially the last sentence.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Youv'e said it all! Couldn't have put it better myself.
Really exited about the rest of the Season!
"C'mon Wigan!!!!!" :D :D :D :D