Isa

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao 711

Re: Isa

Post by jao 711 »

DaveO seems to have taken over from CPW.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Dave O
The last thing I want to do is get involved in one of those nit-picking, CPW-type arguments. We have different opinions about Willie Isa.

I thought I was careful and clear in explaining the use of Mick Cassidy as an example. Obviously not.

Btw, I didn't rate Hansen as highly as Cassidy. I thought the occasional big hits, good as they were, masked his overall contribution in many people's views.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I dont think Isa is good enough personally but then again he is not on his own, Gelling, Williams and Mcilorum are over hyped in my opinion so I am not just having a go at him, but he was signed because he was comparatively cheap.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

old hooker wrote:I dont think Isa is good enough personally but then again he is not on his own, Gelling, Williams and Mcilorum are over hyped in my opinion so I am not just having a go at him, but he was signed because he was comparatively cheap.
There's a surprise
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Isa avoids charge for tackle which infuriated Saints boss

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-l ... -1-8736338
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

was worse than Powells in the semi and he got a ban
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Holbrook later told saintsrlfc.com: “I thought the tackle (Isa on LMS) wasn’t good – if that isn’t a dangerous tackle? It is the most horrible thing for a fan to watch.

“If I am a mum or dad would I let my kid play rugby if that is not a penalty?

“How can you put it on report and just let them play the ball. There is a Salford player out for months because of that exact tackle and then at the end of the game someone gives little shove and gets 10 for that.

“No one is getting hurt for that are they?
This whinging Aussie needs to look back on previous derbies to decide what is "dangerous" or not. Stirring this nothing incident up exactly as Brown did at the time of the Grand Final and the vitriolic bull that erupted over Flower's indiscretion.

At the time the commentators could not decide (never mind the actual matchday officials) whether it was "dangerous" as it appeared that Isa hit the legs from behind. Wasn't worthy of a penalty so foul play was decided upon by a judiciary. Still not good enough for the moaning smellies as they career out the play off.

Perhaps the next rule change should bring in minimal contact and as soon as a player is "tigged" they have to play the ball?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Or perhaps sanctions for a player feigning injury?

Thought it was an ok tackle when he made it.
Close to being dangerous but tv shows it certainly wasn't.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Maybe the fact that LMS was doing a passable impersonation of Eusaine Bolt within seconds helped the disciplinary panel see sense
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Maybe (and I'm being serious) the ref and the panel are aware of the kind of player LMS is. And maybe, consciously/deliberately or otherwise, they allowed this to influence their judgement.

I don't think the tackle was that bad, but if it had been done by LMS on, say, Gildart or Budgie, I'd probably have had a different view. Chickens coming home to roost for our Cockney "friend"?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐