Michael Mcguire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jasonnlouise

Re: Michael Mcguire

Post by jasonnlouise »

Can't see him coming back he's still highly regarded in nrl he'd just run his course at South's
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Turned down a big money offer from Warrington
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf wrote:Turned down a big money offer from Warrington
According to the Mole he does not want to leave Sydney because of his kids.
WiganPom

Post by WiganPom »

This is massively disrespectful to Madge. He turned us from a team making up the numbers to one of the most feared teams in SL and Wane has carried that on. Madge made us exciting to watch where Wanes teams are boring to watch. Made did the same with the bunnies taking them to a NRL Grand Final win in 2014 and a demolition job of saints in the World Club Challenge. Wire would walk Super League with him in charge, thankfully that's not gonna happen. After the grand final win the bunnies lost 7 or 8 of the 17 that played that night plus Isak Luke. From memory 6 of those before the 2015 season kicked off. It's the equivalent of Wigan listing Sam Tomkins, Burgess, Gildart, Gelling, Powell, Farrell, Lockers, Joel Tomkins and McIlorum all at once then Williams two years later. Inglis got injured in round one this year. Madge will get another NRL gig before next season kicks off he is that good. Player recruitment could/should have been better.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wire would walk Super League with him in charge, thankfully that's not gonna happen

Whilst I agree on most of what you said this part is a fantasy of the highest order. Wire are in a serious player quality issue since 2013. Whilst our standards dropped its still been better than most sides if not all since then.

Wire are a club that lost a lot of its nucleus in 2013 and never recruited as well as they had done in the past. Though Sandow could be a good player and carried them for long parts of last season and even then they never really looked a great side. Though they finished top I had no doubts that our busted side would do them in the GF.

Their backline is shocking this season and halves are really crap. With rumours on Hiku going Wire are in real trouble of becoming a mid table side for a year or 2 more.

You seem to put Madge on a pedestal a bit more than he really deserves. He inherited our squad and turned good players into quality players something I do not see at Wire bar 3-4 players. Same at South's he took over an underachieving side and turned it into a great side.

Not even Wayne Bennett could turn the Wire into challengers next season they are in real transition.

But if it was not for Madge we would not have had our success.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Now this is one person I am totally happy to believe. Cheers ddtftf
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

OJ wrote:
Now this is one person I am totally happy to believe. Cheers ddtftf
That is true. Back to Wigan?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

In his blog about his event trip to Oz re the hull match in Feb he mentioned meeting up with Madge. 2+2 equals he's signed him up :D . Personally I wouldn't want him.
GBH

Post by GBH »

I would have him back at the drop of the hat at least his brand of rugby is entertaining to watch!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
moto748

Post by moto748 »

GBH wrote:I would have him back at the drop of the hat at least his brand of rugby is entertaining to watch!
There speaks someone who hasn't watched the Rabbitohs this season! :lol: